I have been longing to begin my 1000 gifts list.
I missed by a day.
Don’t know how to do it right.
…and yes, that’s normal for me.
So it’s multitude Monday – on a Tuesday
- That the gravity of God pulls me irresistibly to him
- and around Him I revolve
- that wisdom lessons aren’t memorized as for a test, they are imprinted on my heart by means. of. the. test.
- that it’s in the trial, hidden its folds, enveloped in its fog, in the center of the test there lies the treasure
- Yellow cake (from the box) with chocolate frosting (from the little plastic container).
- Sparrows (until two years ago I called them little hoppy birds)
- My mom’s precious gift to me when she left this earth.
- Froofy the miracle cat
- Words written like pastel watercolors that stir my soul
- people who slow down and care
- the way that Laska the love kitty comes running to me to me when he’s scared
- Laska the love kitty’s muted kitten purr, quieter, then irregular, then disappearing, as he falls, uncontrollably…fast…asleep … paw on my face
- for forgiveness and grace, not from God, but from others when we step across lines – and we’re sorry.
- for the way the sunlight sends forth those straight line beams from behind a darkened, gloomy, ashen cloud
- did I mention when people forgive?
- the way it’s extra breezy in Autumn to advance the cause of the trees in their yearly uncloaking
- this thorn – the 13 year old thorn of insidious insomnia that holds tight like a vise
- not so much for it – because it is gruesome, dreadful, and horrid – but for the constant, unfaltering, unflinching miracles that God works on my spirit – through it
- the humility toward which it constantly compels my too proud heart
- and the empathy it engenders to others whose bodies rebel against them
- for the God who keeps picking me back up, after I get knocked down, or trip, or just want to surrender to the tempest
- that the Lord of all fashioned the whole universe, to place this planet in the only perfect, favored spot – for us