Love still follows the star

by Craig on December 3, 2010

A pinpoint of light

Constant

at first commonplace

now glimmering among the celestial

Few would take note or regard

but not I

for I knew

not of this universe, but beyond

heavenly radiance

essence of God

poured into

one

pinpoint

of light

To sail above sky

above clouds

to dart above midnight blue

behold the blaze of heaven

hunger, yearning, adoration

a wish

it beckons

calls my name

knows my name

endless passage, timeless journey

darkness and light

tempest and hush

miracle and mundane

all that I own

all that I am

all forsaken

to glimpse what lies under

that pinpoint of light

ahead, just ahead

narrow the way

not to the left

no regard to the right

eyes on the prize

burning morning and night

though the journey be arduous

the path be severe

the trials be toilsome, heavy

be obstructed and dimmed

by cloud, haze, or mist

still

I will follow

I

will

no concealing its luster

no entombing ageless glow

it just leads and I follow

I

and bowed at the birth

the star

no longer distant

draws near

It led to our King

foreshadowed our hope

blazed into our  future, healed our bleak past

alpha, omega

King of kings, Lord of lords

eternity into time

love

die

and the star

once leading the way

gives way to the Savior

born Christmas day

I’m linking with Courtney’s Peace on Earth December Challenge. She is a woman who has Jesus woven through her words. I’ve done fairly well at following the Star this season. I plan to finish this week strongly. Merry Christmas Everyone.

Linda Kruschke December 3, 2010 at 11:47 am

WOW! I really love this poem. It flows perfectly, and ends even more perfectly! Not to be critical, but the only thing I missed in it is that you did not use the name Immanuel, which is my favorite name for Jesus. He is Savior, King of kings, Lord of lords, Alpha and Omega, just as you say. But “God with us” is what brings me to my knees. Peace and Merry Christmas, Linda

Craig December 3, 2010 at 1:48 pm

ahhh yes Linda – excellent point – but through the magic that is Wordpress I can go take care of that right now. Thank you. You have just made my first Christmas poem ever – better.

sara @ it's good to be queen December 3, 2010 at 12:47 pm

beautiful. these are lovely words, truly.

blessings,
sara

Craig December 3, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Thank you sara – from such a gentle heart – the words mean twice as much.
blessings

Debbie December 3, 2010 at 3:34 pm

It brought tears to me eyes. Very , very touching and beautiful. Thank you soooo much for sharing this love! Now . . .to go get a tissue.

Craig December 3, 2010 at 3:59 pm

that means a lot coming from a poet. thank you deb.

Amber December 3, 2010 at 4:07 pm

As I read along, I was wondering if it was your very own poem and now I see….it is. Simply lovely!!! What a wonderful poem in this season of advent.

Craig December 3, 2010 at 4:50 pm

thank you amber – it was a real labor of love – and I am truly grateful you came by to read it before it went away. Merry Christmas.

I am His beloved December 3, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Craig,
You have masterfully lifted the name of Jesus. This is beautiful. Thank you.

Craig December 3, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Julie,

some of my poetry came from your writing – that you saw this – that makes me smile – wide.

Living safely in his will – peaceful – and thankful for a friend in the wilderness.

Merry Christmas Julie

I am His beloved December 4, 2010 at 11:48 am

Thank you Craig for such a kind response …Merry Christmas to you.

Anonymuss December 3, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Exquisitely beautiful poem!!! And inspiring…the priceless prize, and nothing allowed to hinder you.

Craig December 3, 2010 at 8:13 pm

and A., if you didn’t see this I think I would have been sad. thank you.

Anonymuss December 3, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Craig, it was so stunning when I read it last night that I knew I needed to just be silent and allow the reverence and awe speak at the level of spirit. Does that make sense?

Craig December 3, 2010 at 11:37 pm

yup. I didn’t plan on this being anything but a poem, It ended up to be more than I thought. I’m not taking any of the credit! I think it’s all the blue. It’s a “Silent Night Holy Night” type feel. I love it when a person does their house – only framing the house, and all in little blue lights – with maybe a nativity scene in front. That kind of feel. I’m thinking of leaving it here for a day or so because it makes me feel Christmassy.

Sharon December 3, 2010 at 10:16 pm

“I have decided to follow Jesus… Tho’ none go with me, still I will follow… The world behind me, the cross before me…no turning back, no turning back…” came ringing in my ears as I read
“still I will follow I will follow”
and I enjoy how the very last few lines… form… could it be… a drop of blood… shed for me, for us, a drop of grace raining down…
This is excellent, Craig. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Craig December 3, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Sharon, I would love to take credit for the visually artistic last drop of the poem. But I can’t. But you’re right – it is that form! It takes an artistic eye to see that – and now it’s all I see. I’m just gonna call it a Christmas miracle and leave it at that.

It is always an absolute joy when you come by.

Debbie December 4, 2010 at 4:24 pm

I am back to read again and so glad that you left it up awhile. I often read too fast and need to read again and again. :) That God gave this to you . . .I love the miracle of that. That the end is in the shape of a tear is almost too much. This is His gift to you and us this Christmas. I always look for something that He especially wants me to see each Christmas. To me, this is His confirming His love to you and His pleasure in you and what you are doing. :) Merry Christmas from God, with love!

Craig December 4, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Deb,

I left it up because I’m not a poet. I wrote someone today, “I struggle with every line” if I try to write poetry. This was a struggle.

You have been a true gift deb. and you continue to be, God Bless

Melissa December 5, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Craig, it’s beautiful! So glad you left it up for me to read! I am still chewing on it–love the layers, and have several favorite lines, but these hold me:

some call me a wise man
some call me a fool
to relinquish my all
to disavow, yield,
to abandon what’s gained
to gain
what is real

That’s so where I am right now–learning to walk in the real.

Some things came up, and I got behind in writing the Days of Light series. Would you be up for allowing me to host this poem for Day 4? I don’t know how much exposure it will get, but I would love to be able to keep it up a little longer for readers to enjoy. I have never had a guest writer, but have a friend who hosts other writers regularly. I can venture over to her site and see how she does it. Please let me know if you are in agreement. I would be honored to share your beautiful work! Blessings.

Craig December 5, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Now I feel I can take it down. That you like it. That is heaven sent to me.

I’d be honored by the way, you have my email address. I have no idea how to do it either – except to give you the text – which I guess you could just cut and paste. I’d love for this poem to live a little longer. Thank you so much for coming by Melissa.

Debbie December 7, 2010 at 1:33 am

I might have to post this too, Craig , with your permission . . .I’ll just try to link to your site . . .maybe for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. :) Don’t know if I know how to do it, but I’ll figure something out if it’s okay with you! God bless you . . .you poet you!

L.L. Barkat December 14, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Craig, I especially liked the “pinpoint of light.” It’s a gateway, isn’t it? To a much bigger Light indeed.

Craig December 14, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Amen. The pinpoint is only a sample of what lies beyond.

A poet could probably show me a hundred things I didn’t even know about my own poem.

Thank you for reading this.

I Live in an Antbed December 16, 2010 at 11:30 am

Beautiful!

Craig December 16, 2010 at 11:35 am

Thank you. I seldom write poetry. I give God all the credit for this one.

Merry Christmas – and thank you again.

Ava Biraban May 16, 2013 at 5:07 am

Terrific post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thanks!Birmingham Roofing Contractors, 3506 Inverness Landing, Birmingham, AL 35242 – (205) 301-2113

Chelsea Mercer May 16, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your site? My blog site is in the very same niche as yours and my users would definitely benefit from a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this okay with you. Many thanks!Arlington Residential Commercial Roofing, 5902 Willow Branch, Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 606-8773

firstcry card offer July 17, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Hey! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so
I came to take a look. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m book-marking and will be
tweeting this to my followers! Excellent blog and
brilliant style and design.