Love says thank you 1000 times #’s 37-53

by Craig on December 6, 2010

I am grateful…

37. for days that simmer slowly, where moments don’t escape notice, where I let life simmer – and I absorb the minutes as I meet them.

38. for days where I engage in the time as it passes, and  I live in the present, even, steady, unwavering,  in the now.

39. for days when I choose to live peaceful and serene – whether surrounded by chaos or clarity – amid turmoil or calm.

40. for home schooling moms, the more I know, the more in awe I stand.

41. and for moms period, the moms who try hard, you make everything work, you are the center, you are the heart.

42. and for my mom, God, she was incredible, hope she’s not giving you a hard time about tracking mud on her floors.

43. for a pinpoint of light in the midnight sky, that pointed the way to a babe in manger, alpha omega, beginning and end, Savior and Lord.

44. for poetry, where each word means something, and if you blink you miss a nuance that brings everything together.

45. for November, as it vanquished leaves from trees, it’s bluster blew in a new dream, a tender sprout, hoping to grow, resting in the will of God.

46. for Bethlehem-Ephrathah, too small to be among the clans of Judah, from whence came forth the one whose origin is from of old, from eternity.

47. for the flame that burned 8 days, when no oil could be found, the miracle of Hanukkah that points the way to Christmas.

48. for the shadows that were put to flight, as the star of Bethlehem shed it’s light, and God drew near, Immanuel, God with us.

49. for the light of humanity, the light that shines in darkness, that darkness could not overcome

50. for angel voices, and sleighbells, and glad tidings,  and the heaven born Prince of Peace, and for silent nights that still the heart and let Him in.

51. for faith having a handmaiden named doubt. It is the role of a handmaiden to serve and assist. She stands by, at a distance, to encourage and champion the cause of the maiden.

52. that I was once well acquainted with the handmaiden, and have left her behind, for the maiden alone.

53. for the inspiration I receive from truly astonishing bloggers, that fills my heart, and head, and sometimes spills over to my written words.

I join Ann Voskamp and a cast of – well – very many in being thankful today.

In God’s love.

Sharon December 6, 2010 at 7:54 am

thank you for #40. Especially on days when I struggle with it.

Craig December 6, 2010 at 9:47 am

Sharon – you are doing what no teacher could – even on your worst days it’s better than what they would be getting – not a single child in the world would even learn language if not for the parents who stood there for hours and days trying to figure out what they were saying in pre-speech and encouraging them – God Bless you in your teaching efforts.

Anonymuss December 6, 2010 at 9:02 am

#s 38 and 39 called out to me, most, today. (which does not diminish the others)

Craig December 6, 2010 at 10:00 am

A.

nice of you to add (which does not diminish the others) just to not hurt my feelings – that is love
Merry Christmas

Debbie December 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

I’m going to snatch up #46 -#50 then, seeing as some of the others were spoken for! 😉 Your thanksgivings are like a beautiful poem . . .a prose poem! Thank you!

Maya Lane-Poole May 16, 2013 at 6:39 am

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Great work!Painting in Houston: Residential Painting, 8834 Andante Dr., Houston, TX 77040 – (281) 944-5450

Abbey Rosevear May 16, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work and reporting! Keep up the terrific works guys I’ve added you guys to my personal blogroll.Painting in Houston: Residential Painting, 8834 Andante Dr., Houston, TX 77040 – (281) 944-5450

Isaura Delagol October 3, 2013 at 3:47 am

It is not my first time to pay a visit this website, i
am browsing this website dailly and take good data from here daily.

aquarium fish October 6, 2013 at 5:18 am

Hi! I’ve been following your website for a long time now and finally got the
courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Dallas Tx!
Just wanted to mention keep up the good work!

Adeline October 22, 2013 at 8:11 pm

all the time i used to read smaller posts thast also clear their motive, and that is also happening with this
piece of writing which I am reading here.