Love holds on

by Craig on December 7, 2010

a voice wrinkles,

cadence unsteady, ballad off key

brushing against currents

to scratch and scribble

betwixt heat

and brunt

and chill and manacle

image in ripples is seen

not me

what is central,

quintessential,

besieged

Earth to sky quavers cantada

heavy, weak is the plea

but virtue in words

truth unaffected

a heaven ensconsed heart

lies unwrapped,

unconcealed

distance or caress

remedy on wind

or carom, and bounce and nudge to persist

if only heartbeat and breath constitute life

then inquiry and action are deaf

but

wings of heaven brush upon earth

beneath mercy lies aid

for heaven’s possessions weights are assuaged

to cede I decline

cling to hope that holds tight

and walk where You lead

Your heart to give light

You proceed just ahead

no defense withheld

if fire – be so

if joy – be so

if love – be so

if to flight – above storm

if to wait – then intend

not to give in

or give up

but make way

to wisdom aloft

to be captured and snared

and lived in

But  to You

Not this

But You

Naught

But

You

To those who struggle, hold on.

Better yet, hold on to that which does not let go.

In God’s love.

Anonymuss December 7, 2010 at 7:05 am

Just tears…at beautiful words which belie a heart that understands, cares, because it has known and does know suffering. “Hold on to that which does not let go.”
“No surrender to this, just to You.”

Anonymuss December 7, 2010 at 7:08 am

Yours are masterpieces of the heart, Craig.

Craig December 7, 2010 at 11:30 am

A.

Thank you. I won’t write poems very often. They take hours and hours and hours. And each word carries a little bit of heart with it. When I wrote “No surrender to this” it was defiant. When the next words were, “But surrender to you” peace was added, and perspective. God is nice and he doesn’t let go.

Bill December 7, 2010 at 11:24 am

Wonderful words of encouragement Craig. All we can do in times of pain or bad news is to hang on and to surrender to Him who never lets go. Encouraging words during my struggles with cancer. He can use any situation for His glory.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading your blog everyday (almost everyday – even I get too busy and forget sometimes!).

Craig December 7, 2010 at 11:31 am

You, my friend, are my hero. nuf said.

Melissa Brotherton December 7, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I have no talent for poetry, my heart is pretty much prose-y. :) But, I recognize some lovely words, and yours are. Thanks for sharing this Craig!

Craig December 7, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Thank you Melissa – although there is no way I’m a poet – true poetry is way above my pay grade. But thank you.

Sharon December 7, 2010 at 2:08 pm

great post. I am NOT a poet. enjoying your blog. keep it up!

Craig December 7, 2010 at 2:13 pm

again – a gracious comment – but seriously – I think Poets just write the words, they think poetry – I live in prose – and slgo my way painfully through poetry. But sometimes they come out ok. I’ll give that credit to God. Thank you Sharon.

Debbie December 8, 2010 at 2:19 am

Love your poems, your posts, your Jesus that supplies you. I am not a poet either, and I even use poetry as a term to describe my blog. What’s up with that? ha! I’ve tried to write more like what you do or others do . . .but I just can’t. We’ll just leave all this up to Him. He know who you are and what you write and why you write it. He smiles and nods and says, “well done.” :)

Craig December 8, 2010 at 9:34 am

First – I HEART YOUR POEMS – second thank you – you write like you do and he says WELL DONE.

Marie December 15, 2010 at 10:45 am

Craig,
This is a lovely poem…I like writing poems too…and your post has blessed me today.

Craig December 15, 2010 at 11:01 am

Marie I read through your writing slowly – French takes more time for me. But I am moved by your gentle spirit. And somehow, I think reading slower, makes it better. God Bless you.

Shell December 15, 2010 at 3:19 pm

So beautiful.

Craig December 15, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Thank you Shell. Thank you.

Kim December 15, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Love that last line.

Cindy May 4, 2011 at 1:29 pm

not to this, not this, naught but…

Such power, such surrender…a beautiful, powerful, plummeting deep into the heart pouring out of words!

And hearts in the clouds….amazing! As well as the shadow of the cross in the water…He is everywhere if we are only aware!

Craig May 4, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Cindy, thank you – heart pours out in great joy – and great pain. No? And it was surrender – it was trial, and prayer, and in the end – surrender – not to the trial – but to HIM. Thank you for seeing that. God Bless you Cindy. God bless.

p.s. by the way I wish I could write like this, “a beautiful, powerful, plummeting deep into the heart pouring out of words!” – that is just spellbindingly awesome. wow.

Lisa notes... May 4, 2011 at 2:52 pm

“No surrender to this
Just surrender to You”

Just what I need to be reminded of. Today. Now. It’s Him, not the circumstances or the attitudes or the whatever-else. Just Jesus.

Thanks again, Craig.

Craig May 4, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Oh., I remember writing this. I read it now and have no idea how I did it – and I think there’s no way I could ever do anything like it again. Poetry is so much harder than the regular stuff!!! Thank you Lisa. God Bless. Off to read you now….

brian May 4, 2011 at 2:59 pm

yeah you are a poet…this was lovely, i enjoyed the rhymes and of course the message…leading up to surrender…some great captures of the sky hearts too to accentuate

Craig May 4, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Thank you Brian – but really – I can write prose in my sleep – but poetry is so hard. Every time I try it’s murder!!!! Do real poets have to work so hard just to produce poetry?

Joybird May 5, 2011 at 12:23 am

Not to this but to You.
Yes, good words. And those cloud pictures are phenomenal.

Craig May 6, 2011 at 10:52 am

Amen – Sorry so late getting back to you it’s been a horrendous couple of days – but Our Lord is good – he’s good. I need to keep coming back to this whenever it’s dark, and remember – and pray the poem as prayer. Thank you so much – and God bless you – God Bless.

Kati May 5, 2011 at 3:34 pm

That first photo of the frozen dead leaf is absolutely gorgeous!

Craig May 6, 2011 at 10:54 am

Sorry so late getting back to you it’s been a horrendous couple of days – but Our Lord is good – he’s good. And thank you Kati for reading – that leaf? It was a hanger on-er for certain – would. not. let. go. Thank you again – and God bless you.

Abby May 5, 2011 at 8:39 pm

You proceed just ahead/no defense withheld/if fire – be so…

this entire stanza took me deep into my own heart…I loved it all! thank you for this gift!! How long did this one take?

Craig May 6, 2011 at 10:58 am

Sorry so late getting back to you Abby – it’s been a horrendous couple of days – but Our Lord is good – he’s good. Thank you for your truly gracious words. That stanza (so that’s what it’s called!) – it is all about just laying at all at His feet and saying – what you want Lord – what you want – bend me to your will. And this terrible, horrible, but all cute and fluffy appearing, but murderous little poem – took about 5 hours. Poems – grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

God bless you Abby!!

imperfect prose May 5, 2011 at 10:35 pm

wings of heaven brush upon earth

this line made me catch my breath. the whole piece, craig, it bows low to sing to him… keep seeking brother. you will find…

Craig May 6, 2011 at 11:00 am

Sorry so late getting back to you Emily – it’s been a horrendous couple of days – but Our Lord is good – he’s good. I’m not a poet, not like you, you write a prose sentence and it’s poetry – so the fact that you come here – come to all the people on your linky, and have such nice things to say – it speaks loudly about your heart. God bless you Emily!!

Erik Dokes April 9, 2013 at 10:59 pm

A pity, but I dispute with this unique upload. I actually do delight in your particular blog however and may keep on coming once more for updates. http://www.familyhealthfashion.com/

Tahlia Garran May 16, 2013 at 2:49 am

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer. I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know. The layout look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon. CheersPlano Roofing Pros, 3420 14th Street, #103-C, Plano, TX 75074 – (214) 556-5050

Hannah Enticknap May 16, 2013 at 2:59 pm

This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!San Francisco Roofing, 1276 7th Ave., San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 800-4100

石器私服开区sf一条龙版本www.a3sf.comQQ1285574370 April 4, 2017 at 10:03 am

A3商业219最新服务端-真封神变态楼兰天尊地魔国际S版私服务端-骑士一条龙eb开区sf工具-浪漫Q糖服务端www.17isf.com传奇私服一条龙开服QQ1285574370
石器私服开区sf一条龙版本www.a3sf.comQQ1285574370 http://www.a3sf.com/