Love sends help when the Snuggie gets tugged

by Craig on January 7, 2011

Love is all stretchy and covers everything like a big warm Snuggie.

But something is always yanking at the Love Snuggie.

That is one of the reasons why it’s impossible to love perfectly – every day. It’s hard enough to keep intentionally loving, by action. It’s harder when the Snuggie keeps getting tugged on:

from below,

from the side,

from the top

and even from within.

How do we keep loving with Snuggie tuggers hard at work?

Is it as simple as asking for help?

God sends help all the time – and we just don’t see it. He’s really that active:

intertwined with the lives of his own, on every corner of the globe

all at the same time,

and spins the universe too,

and doesn’t break a sweat.

It’s a daunting task to love, but love comes with it’s own 24/7 help desk – manned by speakers of every language – but most fluent in that of the heart.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

Love is about the doing of what God always does. But the trying can get very trying. Sometimes when too many things tug at the edges of the Snuggie, resolve scampers off like a frightened squirrel. There are so many Snuggie tuggers, and they don’t even have to take numbers or line up.

But if God is God,

then we’re never alone in the battle.

And the good news?

God is God.

And God is Love.

And Love sends help when the Snuggie gets tugged.

If we can swim – he lets us swim – all on our own. But even Olympic swimmers run out of gas. When we start to sink we grab for floating stuff. God hates to watch us flail around in desperation. He really wants to reach down and either pull us out or put floaties on our arms.

So this is my plan to love, this day…

It’s one of the easy loves. It doesn’t require anything except letting someone else do all the work.

It’ll be good. Really – it will.

If you join in with this plan today, there will be busy angels scooting all over, helping out. I think God hearts when the angels are busy – busy helping his children to love as he loves.

Three times today, pray for God to protect you from forces that will try to tear you down. Love doesn’t weaken the spirit or otherwise discourage us when we’re dejected, demoralized, or downcast – and God is love. If we ask he will help.

The timetable is flex. But I’m thinkin’ the first prayer should happen

right

about

now.

Did you just pray?

Ok, then never mind – finish reading first.

Then if you are so inclined, leave comment down below

and then…

then…

pray.

Then two more times later.

More if you want – there’s no limit on S.O.S.’s to heaven.

And I promise to be praying today, at the top of every single hour, for all of you kind enough to read these words.

And for me too,

I’ll pray for me…

too.

But I won’t forget you.

In God’s Love

Debbie January 7, 2011 at 11:38 am

Loving this love . . .not loving the snuggie tuggers so much, but today I have help because you reminded me to pray! This is so perfect for what is going on in my life right now. He’s been changing me and my outlook and it’s taking some extra doing on my part. So, I wonder if I’ll run out of steam, lose the joy He has given me. So today, He has sent me you, to show me how to pray so that doesn’t happen. :) Craig, your posts are like snuggie’s that cover us in His love. God bless you and His love that thrives in you and through you.

Craig January 7, 2011 at 11:42 am

Oh, that was you I’ve been praying for on the hour:)

And Deb – I say it all the time – cause I mean it – thank you.

Anonymuss January 7, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Thank you for this…and the reminder to pray often, specifically-at least three times a day. My head is ringing from the stress of this week and today. I really need this. Am going to prayer now. For more than just me. And I second Debbie’s last sentence, especially. Prayers for Debbie, too.

Craig January 7, 2011 at 1:48 pm

A, I’m a love learner just like all of us. And the praying – I like praying for other people – this is just greed on my part :) God Bless u A. It’s almost the top of the hour now – so it’s almost time again for me.

Debbie January 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Thank you sooo much, A and Craig , for praying for me! I am so blessed. And it’s helping! Praying for you too! <3 deb

Craig January 7, 2011 at 4:05 pm

:) Deb. really it’s a privilege – to be connected, not by internet, or phone, or mail, or even in person, but by God – it’s been a blessing to pray for you and everyone reading today – a blessing – and has made every hour a prayerful one – and one with a smile.

Kim January 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Thank you for reminding me to pray…and once again for being in prayer for me!

susan January 7, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Yep,there are plenty of Snuggie-tuggrz. I am one of those irreverent constant conversation with God types. If you see me “talking to myself” in the car, it’s usually to God. Occasionally to the Bluetoof….If you see me talking to myself in the grocery store or babbling in the yard, guaranteed am deep in conversation with God. I am one of those. And I am not ashamed of it,but kinda happy about it. I have a lot of turmoil in my life between family & health &finances and a herd of sick feral kitties who wait for “the food lady” but wont let me touch them. (cold, snowy, URI’s,one 1yo “survivor” showing 3babies,Lord help me save them…) and two big babies in dawg form (dad calls em humans in dogsuits :D) that need med attn, and….so I pray. All day every day. It’s nice to be prayed *for*. Thank you Craig. I know I wouldnt have survived thus far without all the friends&prayers. But I still take responsibility,too. And I pray….-s-

susan January 7, 2011 at 8:33 pm

PS-I forgot in the babble,& I dont want you to think I just pray for my help & direction, I pray for all those in my life,even the ones causing the most negativity, because they’ve done it so many times it has to go to God. I cant do it anymore. And I pray thanks more than anything, for good people & what I consider daily miracles.

Craig January 7, 2011 at 10:08 pm

I get the babble :) Cats dogs humans – I see someone who cares – a person who cares prays for others – so I know you pray for others:) God Bless

susan January 8, 2011 at 12:31 am

Thanks Craig. It just sounded selfish to me&I work so hard at not giving away so much of me I cant get outta bed or walk. And I dont sleep either if u see the times I post…except when normal ppl are up. (sigh) oh, a Laska twin in NC needs a home-snbdy took her off death row Thurs &is fostering but needs forever home. Also some pittymixes& American bulldogs at “Punish the Deed Not the Breed”. I’m hoping to be involvd with For the Love of Pits in CLE. If know anyone NC pls pass along! -s-

Craig January 8, 2011 at 9:38 am

Susan I’d love to – remember though, I’m the guy who doesn’t connect and is only now learning – my “connections” are not as many as one might think :) But do know one or two people in NC.

susan January 9, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Thank you for connecting on behalf of those who cant do it for themselves. Makes it easier when it’s a hard thing for you to do,knowing they can’t,knowing what love they can bring & need,yes? I am hooked, since my first barn kitty@3yo. “If it crosses the property, Susan feeds it &names it”. My legacy still,apparently,considering I have a dawghaus full of feral catz. :-/ I have a problem with DISconnecting…(sigh) thanks to anyone who can pass the word&help anything or anyone who cant help themselves, the sickly, the abandoned, the abused. -s-

Lisa notes... January 8, 2011 at 2:22 pm

This is so good, Craig. Can we ever pray too often? No. I need all the reminders I can get to talk to the Father, over and over and over. Thanks for the encouragement. (And I do love my Snuggie!)

Craig January 8, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Amen Lisa – I “chit chat” all the time with him. That lifeline – so important. Thank you for stopping by. God Bless,.

Stephanie January 9, 2011 at 7:46 am

Just reading your post. Would you throw up a few prayers for me today? I’m thankful for your words….

Craig January 9, 2011 at 10:16 am

Done and done Stephanie. I don’t know the specifics. God does. I promise I will pray many times today for you. I remember when George Bush said after 9-11 he could feel when the country was praying for him -a also when they stopped. I hope you can feel the effects of the prayer today.

Trish January 9, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Craig, I so enjoyed reading this post on prayer.
O how we need to make continual prayer a habit of the soul!
Thank you so much for leaving a kind comment on my bog. I am humbled that you took time to pray for my year to ‘feed’.
God bless you and continue to use you for His glory!
joy in christ..Trish

Craig January 9, 2011 at 11:46 pm

The praying is my year Trish. If I name a year”connection” and fail to connect I am just a clanging cymbal. I’ve clanged for too long. I am humbled that you read my words. I’m blessed that you did.

Joy to you as well.