Love says sorry

by Craig on January 11, 2011

I was advised when I began blogging to get about 10 posts ahead, to be able to pull one out on days like these. But I didn’t listen, I wanted to keep them coming, fresh, as they were happening, every day.

But yesterday emergencies in the lives of others I love took over my life for a about 36 hours span of the 24 hour day. Someone in the hospital. Multiple babysitting jobs. I was needed as a brother, an uncle, an animal rescuer.

There was feeding and cleaning, and a narrow escape for his life by Laska the love kitty with a nippy dog hot on his trail. Then the traveling and the lack of sleep and no time to eat, and frankly, more to do than this already sleep deprived body is able to. (# 8 in my “100 things about me” on the about page)

Maybe it’s just because I’m new and don’t know how to do this efficently. But it takes about 3 hours to get one of these posts done the way I want. And I have two blogs – so that’s 6 hours. And there’s the reading of all  the blogs I love, and letting you all know I was there – because it’s nice to know people are there. But I fell short today.

So no big new insights into love – no clever wording – no fiddling with adjectives to find the right ones – just crazy over the top busy-ness and no time to make pretty flower arrangements out of words. Except that one – I like that one.

I feel like I’ve let you down. I’m sorry.

A blog friend told me that one post per day is a good goal. That’s 7 per week. But with the two blogs, I do about 10 or 11 per week – but not today.

I desperately want to give you all something worthwhile to come back to each day – and that takes time. And today there was just enough time to do all I could, to keep a bunch of people above the water line. I”m mixing metaphors here – sorry, but all the balls remained in the air, not one hit the ground. Yay. And the emergencies should subside – and tomorrow I promise to have something useful.

I’m sorry.

In God’s Love.

Anonymuss January 11, 2011 at 1:45 am

Craig, I am praying for you and for those in your family. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. No apologies needed, though it was very gracious of you to do so. Glad for Laska, too.

Craig January 11, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Laska was a whirling dirvish – fight or flight>? All flight. Me, 3 hours of sleep later – and ready for “good” flight – not away – but straight ahead. Thank you A.

Michelle January 11, 2011 at 2:07 am

No need to apologise. Life happens. And God is good.

Craig January 11, 2011 at 1:36 pm

God is good. And the apology? I want this to be a place where I get to do my little part to get out of the way and let God use some of my words. But that takes preparation and wisdom, and work. I have learned from this and onward and upward. God bless you. Thank you.

susan January 11, 2011 at 2:09 am

And that, dear Craig, is what Love, HIS Love, is all about. You love all these people, you *connect* with all of them, you *honor your mother* in helping care for them, and your loving, connected heart wouldn’t have healed, ever, had anything really bad happened because you said “my blogs are more important”. Huh? You are teaching by doing! THIS POST *shows* everything you’ve been writing about. And Laska really tugged your Snuggy today… But if you are like me,when you saved li’l luv kitty in the 1st place, I bet you promised Laska&God there would be no more fear&suffering, there’d been enough. I’m paraphrasing, but I know there are people out there (not here, I thank Him!) who woud have said “let the cat go, you have enough”, but there is a Proverb to the effect of “a wise man will care for his beast as his family”. And you kept every ball in the air, mixed metaphors&all. THIS is the kind of post you almost need to tuck in on occasion. It’s as real as Laska dumping sowda but knowing where the big funner toylat paypr is to be ready to kleen up yur next mesz. ‘cept Laska made another mesz of sortz furst. Be _proud_ of this post, more than if you’d had one prepped ahead. Now…what can we do to help you recover? I personally know it will take a day or so, and sleep-deprived or not you are probably inone my semiconscious “comas”. Do we insist you take 2, yes TWO, days off? You have wonderful folks here who could guest post&let you rest, the ones who know what they’re doing. And you could rest&heal. Please? Laska would love lotsa cuddletime. And no, L cannot be the guest-writer. What do you folks think? Help me help Craig? Now i’ll shaddup. 😉 -s-

Anonymuss January 11, 2011 at 2:17 am

Susan, I agree-this post does very much show what Craig has been talking about. This is the kind of post that needs to appear every so often. And more days off if needed and guest writers, too, sound like great suggestions.

Craig January 11, 2011 at 1:44 pm

A – thanks and double thanks. Stuff happens – a little sleep, a little learning, a little organizing, some wisdom gained, and God – lots of him – onward we go :)

But so kind. Thank you.

Craig January 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm

And to recover? I took full advantage of three hours of sleep – so I’m a little better. Part of the thing about being constantly sleep deprived because of # 8 on the 100’s list – or any physical limitation – and we all have our thing – par of the good thing is that you learn to operate on less than that 100 per cent you used to run at. I’m up today – and running tomorrow – and buoyed by words like yours – from you – from everyone. And guest posts? I’ve only been at this less than two months – it should probably be just me for a little before that. Thank you – will keep in mind for the future. God Bless.

Sharon @ Hiking Toward Home January 11, 2011 at 6:47 am

I agree with susan and Anonymuss. this post shows the love you share with those you connect with very well. sometimes a plain old straight-from-the-heart-nothing-fancy post is more *fresh*. (proves you are human and not a robot also) You showed a bit more of your heart here.
…and 7 posts a week??? ugh. Maybe that is why hardly anyone reads my blog. With 4 kids to homeschool and learning how to keep house for the first time in my life and being a pastor’s wife with ministry heavy on my shoulders…. there is no way I could do it 7 days a week!!! holy smokes!!
Even God rested on the 7th day Craig!!!

Craig January 11, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Sharon, yesterday for me is probably the typical day for a mom like you who tries so hard to be a good mom. I have some new wisdom gained now – use that – and listen to advice better too – that might help. So grateful for you – and I love, love, love reading what you write on your blog – so good.. Thank you and God Bless you Sharon.

bill (cycleguy) January 11, 2011 at 9:50 am

I too concur with what the others have already said but have you thought about combining the two? Do each every other day? You are going to wear or burn yourself out my new friend. And then you will be sapped. Just a thought. On the post: that old movie that once said, “Love never means having to say you’re sorry.” That is just plain dumb.

Craig January 11, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Bill, yes that thought has entered my mind – but the two really are so different – it’s the same “me” writing both – but the flavor and feeling of the two seems really different – different sides of me – just need to apply wisdom learned. But that being said – I’m supposed to listen to advice aren’t I? I appreciate your wisdom Bill.

Rae January 11, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Just chiming in to second what others have said. I hope that things calm down in your family (you are a great uncle!) and that you don’t beat yourself up for being less than absolutely perfect in every area. I am quite confident that your blogs will continue to grow well, even if you don’t post every single day. But then again, posts like this are also beautiful. Because love honestly accepts where it is right now.

Craig January 11, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Rae – thank you. Thanks for reading my whiny-ness and calling it by a better name. God bless. Love is gracious – and you – and all of you have been that. I’m so fortunate to have such loving people read my words.

gina reid January 11, 2011 at 1:34 pm

That’s my brother. I’m glad that he has this network of bloggers. He has a lot to share and a lot to offer. I’m lucky to have him and hopefully you all are benefiting from his wisdom as I have. As far as Laska is concerned…what a blessing. Everyone deserves unconditional love and the smiles he provides are priceless.

Craig January 11, 2011 at 2:00 pm

That’s my sister everyone. She’s biased. She overstates because she loves. And I love her.

Debbie January 11, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Love all the love here . . .wondering, what was the sorry for? ha! Praying for you and your loved ones and furry ones. Lots of good advice and I know God will lead you on to what is right for you to do. Because He loves you. :) Thank you for showing us about love, once again.

Craig January 11, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Sorry? I guess it’s interesting insight into me isn’t it – took 400 words to say I’m sorry. :)

The sorry was for the whiny.

I think I was a little whiny – and because I thought I was short changing you guys with the whiny. I just don’t want to disappoint.

God Bless you Deb.

susan January 11, 2011 at 6:43 pm

You weren’t whining. You were simply stating the facts of your day, and your love in action for those around you are facts. And personal facts, as you know when we have medical “stuff”, sound to us, the writer, as whininess, when that “one more thing to do” can’t be done. Why? Because we live with it every day as fact. So to list our truths feels like whining. But to say we’re fine to a friend? We’re lying to them-they want to know our facts so *they* can _understand, connect, and help_. One gal said it best-“you break my heart when you don’t trust me enough as a friend to tell me the truth. YOU would be the first one at my door if I was ill or upset or *anything*! And you have the cajones to tell me you’re fine or ok? Please trust me enough,love me enough.” I sobbed my heart out. I hurt her by thinking I wud come off “whiney”. So-My friends have kicked my butt enough about it that I can say it to YOU. See? When you said you were glad you were “stuck” with me as a reader,you had no idea what you were in for! 😀 -s- (ps-ur sis ROCKS :) & gets it)

Craig January 11, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Wow, I always tell people I’m fine. I act like I have enough sleep. I don’t want to have to explain the whole “sleep thing” that doesn’t even have an official name – yet slays me every day – just in different degrees.

That person who talked to you? That’s a lot of compassion and “cajones” shown by them.

And yes. My sis does get it. And she does rock. And she doesn’t peek in often. What a post for her to read huh?

susan January 11, 2011 at 7:58 pm

It’s a good one for her to read. :) she knows that people you’ve never even met care about you, your family, your health, your little furry entertainment center, and appreciate what you do for &with us. But not to the detriment of the first four. And yes, my friends all seem to have compassion&cajones-lotsa strong, lippy personalities that “calls ’em as they sees ’em”. And sometimes it’s an ouch,but always with love. I am blessed,yes? And so are you. 😉 -s-

Debra January 11, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Hi Craig,
I understand how you feel: you wanted to offer fresh manna every day:)
Your two blogs are wonderful. Quite frankly I don’t know how anyone can manage to post, not one, but two blogs daily. The most amazing part is that the posts I’ve read so far are excellent, not at all mediocre. Of course they take 3 hrs. each! They are well-written, meaningful, inspiring, encouraging… and the list goes on. But the icing on the cake is that you also take the time to respond to comments, not only on your own blog but on others. You go well above the call of duty. You walk that 2nd mile. So of course we’d cut you some slack. If you needed it. But you don’t, because this is just another outstanding post! This flower arrangement is still beautiful.

Craig January 11, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Thank you deb – that’s it! I want these posts to be fresh like the manna. And I think everybody who reads them deserves my best shot. Thank you so much for these kind words. They were icing on this cake. Your words are “manna” like too.