Love finds peace (the finale)

by Craig on March 1, 2011

So this is the last part of the game plan – how love finds peace.

I can’t believe this began just because one day a couple of weeks ago I sat down to write – and heard those old, nasty, negative voices. (here)

Then came part two, three and four where I battled the voices.

The last battle was won by Love. finding. peace.

Which, in large part to my lack of brevity, came in six parts: one, two, three, four, five – and this one today.

Today it all get’s summed up like this:

Want God’s will

Pray for Gods’ will

Dot my  i’s and cross my t’s

then accept what happens as his will.

There is a God part to this and he always does job pretty well.

OK – just to be clear on that – He always does his job perfectly.

If God is God, and God is God, then he will see to it that his will is done. He will use the results – that he will ordain – because I asked – to conform me into the image of his Son. And I want that.

This is where the peace happens. How many prayers do we know, that guarantee a “yes” answer? Even if the answer is “no” to my preferred outcome – the answer is a guaranteed “yes” to God’s will being done.

But here’s my part.

I have to do what it takes on my end.

If it’s a plan…

I need to be prudent in planning, and faithful, if imperfect, in follow up.

One of the neat things about this prayer is that even my mistakes, if I’m giving it my best shot, even they will be turned. That’s peace. But I have to give it my best, because I don’t want to be looking back and regretting a poor effort. Wherever doubt can find a place to sneak in – it will.

And then there’s remembering the prayer when I get doubt-y.

Because that will happen.

Those negative voices, they’ll attack

and I’ll believe the lies

because I’m human

and that’s what we imperfect humans do.

And I’ll have to stop…

and remind myself of the truth

because the voices hate the truth.

“I prayed for the will of God, I’m giving it my best, the God of all things, the ONLY perfect and most powerful being, will see to it, that the results are his.”

I say this to the voices.

I say it to myself.

And God listens too, I’m sure.

He only needs the prayer once.

I need constant reminding of the spiritual realities.

And then comes the “accepting” part.

If it’s a situation, and things change – then that’s the will of God. What happens is for the best – and not in a trite “It’s God’s will” kind of way. But in the intentionally asked for, and received, “God’s Will” kind of way.

If things don’t change, or maybe even get worse – then I find comfort in knowing that there really is a Divine method to the madness. I may not like it, but how can I not thank Our Lord for keeping his hand on even the worst of outcomes.

And if it’s a plan, and it succeeds – no complaints there! But to remember to give credit where it’s due? That sometimes gets forgotten.

And if all hell breaks loose and the plan crashes hard all around?

Then I still know that what happened is for my good.

And it’s really for my good. Not in the trite, “It’s all for the best” kind of way. But in the intentional, asked for, and received, “It’s all for the best” kind of way.

There is no bad here,even in the bad. That’s God’s part.

My part is giving it my best, reminding myself often about the prayer and what it means, and accepting the outcome as the asnwer to the prayer.

The prayer has power.

Jesus spoke the prayer!

If I lose the peace, I stop and remember.

And rest.

If I do that

then there is success

and peace

regardless of the outcome.

In God’s love.

Eryn {mamahall} March 1, 2011 at 10:14 am

peace regardless of the outcome is incredibly faith-rooted. bless you for sharing His truth and light and will and Word.

Craig March 1, 2011 at 10:33 am

Eryn – thank you – just thank you – God bless you :)

Anonymuss March 1, 2011 at 12:09 pm

This is so good, Craig, and I love that having peace is sort of simple….not lots of complicated steps and an equal-opportunity state of being. Sometimes when I think I can only have peace if X or Y happens, I get frustrated. I am glad the requirements are never beyond our capacities. Sometimes I can sure feel like God’s answers are beyond my capacities, though! They never really are. It is just my expectations or hopes and timetables that can get in the way. I am very, very grateful for this series, Craig.

Prudent in planning and faithful in follow-up…trust God for the rest-the take-away for me-so helpful.

Eryn-so true!!

Craig March 1, 2011 at 12:18 pm

A. Thank you. It’s been a life changer for me – this lesson. I’m glad you liked it. Means a lot to me. God Bless.

violet March 1, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Hi Craig,
Thanks for leaving a comment on my gifts post – and I just love what you say above. It’s God’s sovereignty explained in such an easy-to-understand way. Well done! Now to live it, right?

Craig March 1, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Amen Violet – now to live it – I almost used those words exactly when I wrote it – great minds…

Thank you for reading – thank you – and God Bless.

Debbie March 1, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Thank you so much for putting that peace beyond understanding into words we can understand! I experience it . . .but never knew what to do if I felt I lost it. This is so strong, so powerful, because it’s all Him. You have blessed us all in an amazing way today! I’m excited!
God bless!

Craig March 1, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Thank you Deb. I’m really humbled by your words. IT IS all him, I just kind of get out of the way. And that’s the way it should be. No?

Dianna McBride March 1, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Nothing brings peace quicker than remembering that God is sovereign ~ HE is in control. I love it when I can take my hands off a request and just completely trust HE who gave HIMSELF for me…LOVE spoken so profoundly that trusting comes easier.

Thank you, Craig, for being an instrument used of HIM.

Craig March 1, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Thank you Dianna – I just plagiarize God that’s all – it makes being creative easier – and I’ll never ever run out of inspiration :) Thank you for reading. God Bless you.

Debra March 1, 2011 at 10:51 pm

You gotta love that cartoon. “You, most of all, can’t handle the truth.”
Acceptance, that’s the place to be.
And that’s where I find the peace that passes all understanding.
What a reassuring finale!

~ Peace and joy

Michelle March 2, 2011 at 5:45 am

God is God and I am not. I am so thankful for that, ’cause I would just stuff it up big time in so many ways. :)