love is payshent – gest post by laska th love kity

by Craig on March 8, 2011

If you are new to Deep Into Love, you may not know that from time to time Laska the love kitty sneaks on here, and before I know it, there’s a post. He likes to write, and as long as he stays on topic – well – it saves me the trouble of writing…

helo evribudy this is Laska

so wun day i wuz having a normel da

i wuz explooring

shhhh – yes that iz th seeling abuv the cabnits – kreg duzent no i can klime up here

an i wuz finding sun and it wuz nise

but then kreg sed Laska i have a advenchure for u to go on.

do i luk lyk i wantd a advenchure?

but kreg is nise and givz me fud and rubz mi fur th rong way so i m payshent with him wen he haz krazee ideeuz

oh an befoor i foreget

love is payshent

lyk me – i m payshent with kreg

kreg sez we are gowing in the kar to fede the dux

furst th kar iz not nise

secund wat is dux?

so he piks me up an we go.

soon we are ware dux are an he openz dore

but i lyk it in kar now an dont want tu leve

but kreg iz payshent with me and sez nise things an wayts fore me tu be redy

this mayks me little brayv

this iz me lissning tu him – he duz not mayke me get owt of car – he iz paysent

becuz he iz payshent i get moor brave

But this iz not lyk home – all is big – an skaree – an noyzez are evriware

this iz wen i hide undur bed – but no bed heer – so i think kar wil du

kreg say dont be frade – it iz OK – i m heer – an he letz me sta under kar

he iz payshent with me

so i come owt a litel

but then thayre is noyse and wind so…

i am teling kreg i m not hapy – i dont lyke dux

i have advise for u – wen kat iz on tire it iz gud to be payshent – kreg was payshent so i trust him and let go of tire with claws

i wud not du this if kreg wuz not payshent

love iz a gud thing i think – becuz love is payshent

now i am betr a litel and i let kreg cary me to see th dux

i hugged kreg very tite an my claws were owt

kreg sed owch – but he wuz stil paysent even tho i skrached him on axident

sometimez payshens meens payne i think

i dident want to be on grownd so kreg let me sit on hiz lap

see – claws are not owt animore – payshense iz gud

even tho i stil got scayrd kreg wuz payshent and let me hide

and hide moor

this is wen he sed itz tym tu go home

let me tel u – i think kar is much niser now

and kreg must love me cuz he did not rush me

soon we wer home an it wuz nise agen

but here is wizdum – be nise evribudy

be payshent an not pushy an not lowd an not bossi an not meen

oh and i m sorry kreg – it wuz a mistayke – ooops

payshense iz not eezee i think

love

laska th love kity

kim March 8, 2011 at 11:36 am

I know this. I talk about this.But as a parent I have very little of this. I need to work on my payshentz. Especially with my three year old. And my husband. And my 9 month old. Possibly with me too:) Love the pictures of Laska!

Craig March 8, 2011 at 11:39 am

Not a single one of us is as payshent as we should be. But it’s a balance I guess – Laska would have stayed in the tire well all day if I didn’t “encourage” him to leave. Thank you for reading again Kim- and God Bless you.

Lisa March 8, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Thanks for commenting on my blog. (I know I am late replying…)

Love the pics of your cat and the story/lesson it tells. “sometimes patience means pain…” – yikes. so true.

Craig March 8, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Lisa – first of all – no need to reply at all – so many blogs to read – no big – I’m just happy you came by. Really. And “yikes” is right. God bless you and thank you for reading.

Dawn March 8, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Patience is a common topic. I probably would not have read about patience, but payshents–this is a winner! What a grabber, right from the get-go, Craig. I will remember this a long, long time. The long drawn-out step by step process that Laska had to go through to leave the car, each moment counting on your payshents, and the claws out and then the claws in, going under the car because there was no bed…

Loved it, needed it–thanks Laska and Craig,

Craig March 8, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Thank you Dawn. I smiled the whole time I wrote it – laughed too. Him in the wheel well – that was priceless. Thank you so much for reading. God Bless.

Sharon @ Hiking Toward Home March 8, 2011 at 1:28 pm

ouch! I am certainly not that patient. thanks for teaching us about it today. and really, sometimes patience means pain… that was a good one ’cause sometimes it is painful to just sit and wait it out.

Craig March 8, 2011 at 2:37 pm

And the patience being painful – I wouldn’t have even thought of that – until Laska reached for my coat and landed the claws on my chin – two wounds – and it was a axident!! :)

God Bless you Sharon.

Anonymuss March 8, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Ohhhhh, Laska! (I luv dux, too. a favrit pastime-feedng them.) pashentz! u kanot no how timlee this is!!!!! if onlee i didnt hav tu be anonymuss-i wud tel u! laska, u r preshuss!!!! u teech us such gud theengs abowt lif. i send u big huggs an bakward furr pettingz!

Craig March 8, 2011 at 2:40 pm

um – u mispeld: payshents, iz, dident, things, lyf,” but u r foregiven if u rub mi fur the rong way. Ur laskish iz prity gud tho. love (I learnd tu spel it th rite way) Laska

Anonymuss March 8, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Laska, u r rite abowt mi spelng! this wuz mi ruff drafft an i shud hav takn moor tim an krekted thingz bettr! u dezurv tu reseev respektabul koruspondunce! du awl theez litl red skwiggli lyns undr mi wurds meen i am speling betr now?

Craig March 8, 2011 at 3:36 pm

A. True – spell check is no fan of laskish :)

Debbie March 8, 2011 at 5:03 pm

So much to love here! :) Oh the patience you must have to even write in laskish . .. I mean, to let Laska write. 😉 I’ve been told I’m very patient, but God and I know that it is selective patience. ha! So, He keeps helping me with the areas I’m not patient in.
You, Craig, are very good and patient with Laska. No wonder he trusts you and even goes to feed the ducks! Because of your patience, Laska learned about new things, that cars can be nice too. He grew through your patience. :)
Patience sometimes means pain. I know this one. It’s true. But the grace He sends to comfort us for this pain in patience, it more than makes up for it.
A . . .she is good, real good. She not only understands laskish but writes it too. What a beautiful display of patience to do that . . .and even send a corrected version! wow! I think A stands for Angel. What does Laska think? :)

Craig March 8, 2011 at 5:08 pm

To me her name will always be A. – I hate change:)

Thank you for all of that Deb. The Laska posts take just as long as the regular ones. Laska really doesn’t concern himself with social details – mostly food, play, sleep, and occasional writing. God Bless you Deb.

Dianna McBride March 8, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Payshents sometimes mean pain ~ yes, that’s the single phrase that stands out the most to me. Probably the reason for that is because it is the single phrase I need to remember most right now. Thank you, Laska, for sharing it with me.

Craig March 8, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Isn’t it funny – that the only reason it’s there is because there was actual pain involved. And I’m with you – I kind of think it is the main takeaway from this post today. When I wrote it, I paused for a moment because I realized it then. I wrote a post earlier about Laska – when I was holding him so my very active and excited nieces could pet him – and his claws held on tight to me – Oh those claws and their axidents :) God Bless you Dianna – and thank you.

Debra March 9, 2011 at 1:07 am

Oh Laska, thank you for telling this wonderful story of how luv is payshent. U know how much yor master luvs u, even when u wound him like that by axident? That’s just how our Master is too.
And those dux? Can’t say I blame you for being a fraidy cat. They can be meen u know. You may or may not know this alredy, but kreg has been trying to get u to be more adventurous. Like that time he wanted to show u the squirl but u payed mor atenchun to his finger. Anyway, I’m so glad you made it bak safe and sownd from seeing those dux.

Michelle March 9, 2011 at 3:52 am
Craig March 9, 2011 at 6:22 am

Kreg sez that tu – that huminz woond God lyk that – an th dux – i dont no – tha r weerrd tho – i lyk the gra flufy thingz betr. thank u fore reeding mi. God bles u.

Linda December 2, 2011 at 10:45 am

Loved this one so much. I even remember telling my husband that learning patience with out two pups will help us grow in patience with our kids (no, not the same at all, don’t get me wrong, but it’ a good place to start growing). there are things the pups make that drive my husband mad and make him want to give them away. so I tell him: they can teach a lot. But I see that when my pups don’t want to get out of the car, I am not patient enough, so I’ll learn some more. Lovely, lovely post Laska!

Craig December 2, 2011 at 5:28 pm

one thing I know about married life – even though I’ve never been married – is that your animals are your babies – until you have your babies, and then they become pets. But they do make for nice training – you are right ツ and I’ll tell Laska you liked his post. God bless Linda!