Love says more “spinny” thank you’s to God (#’s 126-140)

by Craig on March 14, 2011

Because love is grateful, Mondays are now officially for Gratitude. Linking today with Ann’s

#126 … that although this world has a tendency to snatch joy from my grasp, You fill me back up.

#127 … that counting these occasions of you invading the common moments of life fills me back up.

love fills the heartthis came from here

#128 … for the awareness that there is Your good hand on any bad that  happens.

#129 … for Laska the love kitty, in another failed attempt to climb the sheer curtains. Up he went. Then he didn’t so much like his position, and those darned claws were stuck. And so he shook, and down came the sheers, covering him like a ghost costume. And how he escaped, and ran like the wind, and then non-chalantly strolled back to them moments later – and used them for a bed – like it was all part of the plan.

#131 … that You know me by name, and I know Your voice, and You give “abundant life” — if I grab it.

#132 … that you voluntarily laid down Your life because you aren’t an impersonal force, or a super being with just the lives of some creations at stake. But you are a most loving God, with hearts that belong to You – and these hearts – you rescued.

#133 … for this picture and quote from Rachel @ Southern Fairy Tale. From her 7 year old daughter – and you’ll smile if you click here to see the picture. She said, “The BEST part about dresses, how they get all spinny when you dance– and sometimes Mom, you just have to dance”. Seeing Our Lord in the midst of all of this common stuff is kind of like that.

Love has gratitude journal#134 … that every time I try, with my three pound brain, to put my vision of You in a box I find You’re too big for the box.

#135 … that I am now living eternally and will one day have, maybe, an infinite number of bigger boxes in which to place my vision of you. Eternity is a long time, and in Your eternity I’m thinkin’ that there must be an awfully spacious warehouse of boxes.

#136 … for a long dead leaf that just dropped off a sleeping tree. How it twirled, and spun, and darted and fluttered to the ground. That I can see the intricate dance of creation and death and rebirth of which it’s a part.

#137 … for how I always want to spell intricate with a “q” because with a “c” it doesn’t quite seem – well – intricate enough.

#138 … that this leaf falling made me think of how things ripple – that a butterfly flapping its wings in one part of the world can cause a hurricane in another. Things are immensely more interrelated and complicated than I can imagine. And if true for a leaf or a butterfly’s wings – how much more so with a simple prayer.

#139 … for what You must move to answer a simple prayer, and line up every single ripple it causes – perfectly. How you must arrange a countless number of things to answer it – and how you might not always do so in a straight and direct line because there’s a whole world of free will involved. And that’s just one prayer, and there can be billions of prayers every minute.

#140 … that this makes my head spinny too – and makes me feel like we are all so special that you would move entire universes to answer a tiny prayer.

That

is

a lot

of

love.

In God’s love

Rachel March 14, 2011 at 6:48 am

Beautiful, Craig

Craig March 14, 2011 at 8:31 am

Thank you Rachel – your daughter is a charmer I can tell – her mama’s baby to be sure.

Cora March 14, 2011 at 7:36 am

Craig, I really loved your list today. Especially the comments and illustrations of being filled back up. Lately, the song, “More of You,” has just been playing over and over in my head (and on my blog). I find it amazing how quickly we can become “empty” or depleted. #139 was a keeper for me, (not that ANY were NOT keepers)! How a simple answer to a simple prayer can cause perfect ripples to go in perfect places. Awesome thought!!!! And to think, this is just my first stop in reading all the lists this week! If this is what it’s going to be like, I’m in for a wonderful journey!!!!

Craig March 14, 2011 at 8:34 am

Reading the gratitude lists every week brings a constant smile. That’s why I write in this community and read here. And amen – what God must do to answer one little prayer – it is mind blowing – spinny. Thank you so much for reading Cora – and the kind words – and God Bless you.

Shaunie Friday March 14, 2011 at 9:53 am

#139–I love to ponder this thought, knowing how quickly I will find it overwhelming! Lovely list Craig!!

Craig March 14, 2011 at 11:26 am

Amen Shaunie – that’s the spinny part :) God Bless.

LuAnne March 14, 2011 at 9:59 am

Lovely list!

Craig March 14, 2011 at 11:27 am

Thank you LuAnne – Thank you for reading – and commenting – God Bless and Keep.

Cindy March 14, 2011 at 9:59 am

spinny and twirly and fluttery – air rippling from the movement – and the breath of God moves and blows gently to effect gentle change blessings in another’s life…or hurricane force as in #138!

I can see the entire “love kitty” escapade!

Blessings…

Craig March 14, 2011 at 11:29 am

Cindy – that is so good I’m going to steal it – I’ll make sure to quote you when I do. :)

If I had pictures of the event Laska the love kitty would have made it into a separate love post. He doesn’t like to write unless there are pictures :) Thank you for reading today Cindy – and Blessings to YOU too.

Eleanor March 14, 2011 at 10:18 am

the cat – 😀

Thanks for the many reminders of God’s love in your list! It was good to have you at redeemed days again.

Blessings.

Craig March 14, 2011 at 11:32 am

I haven’t yet begin my reading of the lists – so I’m not grinning ear to ear yet. But I’m sure I’ll get to yours and it’ll make me smile again. God Bless.

Angela March 14, 2011 at 10:18 am

Yep, that is a lot of love!

Craig March 14, 2011 at 11:33 am

That is an infinite amount of love. It’s the difference between having just a god who is all powerful – or having THE God who is all powerful – and loving. BIG difference. Thank you for being here Angela. God Bless.

Angela Mackey March 14, 2011 at 11:03 am

Great list Craig.

Craig March 14, 2011 at 11:35 am

Last week I had back to back Amy’s – this week it’s back to back Angela’s (que Twilight Zone music :)

Thank you Angela – Angela Mackey :) God Bless.

Sharon @ Hiking Toward Home March 14, 2011 at 1:35 pm

#128 Ps. 31:15 “My times are in thy hand:” it is good to know isn’t it?
#139 … oh how did you know? In the last two months God answered prayer in ways that are astounding. He brought two people to me from across oceans (two different ones) so that I could meet them face to face and ask forgiveness and He brought healing to relationships I thought were damaged beyond repair… but in Him … NOTHING is impossible. NOTHING. I had prayed for reconciliation, for meeting face to face, for the chance to make things right in person. His will for them collided with my desires and His will for us to be reconciled. What a Mighty God we serve!
So good to read your words today. :-)

Craig March 14, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Amen Sharon – the immensity of his power is so above what we can imagine. So above our thoughts and his ways above our ways. I’m glad that he moved whatever it was he had to t get your meetings to happen. God Bless you Sharon.

Amy @ New Nostalgia March 14, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Craig, Loved your list.
#137 made me smile.
Many of the others really touched my heart!
Amy

Craig March 14, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Amy, I was wondering if anyone would like that one. It’s so true – I’ve spelled it with a Q many times – it’s the way it should be spelled – someone should call Webster’s. Thank you Amy for reading, God Bless and Keep.

Erin @ Wild Whispers March 14, 2011 at 2:10 pm

That is a lot of love indeed. Praise God!

Craig March 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm

That is infinite love – Amen. God is a keeper. No? Thank you for reading Erin – thank you. And God bless.

A. March 14, 2011 at 2:55 pm

so difficult to pick a favorite! No ‘favrits’-all so good. Ripples of prayers-love that image!

Can SO picture Laska the ‘ghost’ ripping through the house!!!! Gift of laughter-#129! Thanks!

The first two-God filling us up and sending us joy everywhere-needed that!

Sometimes we just have to dance-loved that!!!

Craig March 14, 2011 at 3:02 pm

And now I’m smiling – reading your recap. Thank you. A. God bless.

Jo-Anne M Puggioni March 14, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Wow! What a great list. His love is unfathomable isn’t it?

Craig March 14, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I give God all the credit for the list – except for Laska’s schtick, and the spelling thing – all the rest is him :) And unfathomable – absolutely. Thank you Joanne and God Bless.

Kat March 14, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Craig,
Oh, how I love your list!
Thank you for visiting, so glad to have found you!

Kat

Craig March 14, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Thank you Kat. And then YOU for visiting. – and I”m glad you found me too :)

God Bless.

Danielle March 14, 2011 at 5:30 pm

#139 & #140…. WOW. My head is spinny now too. It’s so humbling to think of His love for us….

(I’m here from Ann’s…so nice to “meet” you!)

Craig March 14, 2011 at 6:09 pm

I heart a good spinny head :) Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting – I know it takes time. God bless and keep you – glad to “meet” you too.

Rachelle March 14, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I have to say my very favorite is #129, because, well, it is such a delightfully cat thing to do (written as I sit down from once again removing my cat from the top of the wardrobe where he goes to eat the plant I thought would be protected there). Numbers 134 and 137 were also favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Craig March 14, 2011 at 6:11 pm

There is no hiding!!!! Laska found out where I hid what he calls “th big toylet paper” (paper towels – there is a future post he’s working on as we speak. :) And #137 thanks you – he wasn’t sure anyone would understand him.

Thank you for being here – God bless.

Christina March 14, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Loving #134 and #135! Can’t wait to enjoy eternity filling up boxes. Imagine the Gratitude Community we’ll have in heaven:)
BTW, on my post about “boys and their swords” I agree with you. I added that to my list because I have been enjoying watching my two play “war” together. They have a whole battle strategy and everything. My three year old hangs his sword down the inside of his shirt, on his back. So cute!

Craig March 14, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I figured that – I was being playful. I could feel the smile in your words. And I heart what you say about the gratitude community in heaven – it’s gonna be a busy community. Things are gonna be really good – like we have no idea how really good it’ll be. That makes me a little spinny right there. Thank you Christina. Thank you for being here. God bless.

Lisa notes... March 14, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Yes, that is a lot of love! So hard to believe, but I’m glad it is true.

Patty@sewingseeds March 14, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Love your list especially 126 – I am learning to refuse to give up my joy and 129 – cats are so cool aren’t they. Our little dog chased the neighbors cat out of the back yard and the cat darted up to the top of our block wall and then just sat wagging his tail like it’s what he had planned all along!

Craig March 16, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Patti, sorry you got caught in my spam blocker – it has been roundly reprimanded!!

And exactly – all that mad dashing and utter panic – then – yeah – I planned that.

Thank you for being here Patty. And God bless.

Craig March 14, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Me too Lisa. He’s so big – and makes himself so small for us – personal. That’s love. to be the God of all things, is one thing. To love is another. We serve a God who does both. Perfectly. Yay us!! Thank you Lisa for reading – and God Bless you.

Loni March 14, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Enjoyed reading your list . . . and love the picture. Yes, Lord, fill me up too!

Thank you for sharing!

Craig March 15, 2011 at 4:26 am

Thank you Loni, thank you for reading, we all need the filling up. No? I’m thinking that one day we won’t – but fight now we do. Thank you again – and God bless.

Debra March 14, 2011 at 11:04 pm

#136…. for a long dead leaf that just dropped off a sleeping tree. How it twirled, and spun, and darted and fluttered to the ground. That I can see the intricate dance of creation and death and rebirth of which it’s a part.

What a lyrical metaphor for life and death! Just as lovely as the imagery of the butterfly wings in # 138…

Craig March 15, 2011 at 4:29 am

Thank you Debra. Any lyricism in the words, well most of it, comes from reading Ann Voskamp. I’m learning. And the butterfly thing – I’d love to say I made that one up but it’s an old expression – actually first heard it in a movie – but I heart it. God Bless you Debra – God Bless.

Trish March 15, 2011 at 7:18 am

“#130 … for the chance to center myself on you, breath in deeply, take the time to sense you around me, in this moment.”

My prayer and thanksgiving too.
In a time of uncertainty..God is our center and stability.
Thank you, Craig.
blessings..Trish

Craig March 16, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Eeeek Trish – you were trapped in my spam catcher – sorry – and you know what – it’s good for me because I needed to breathe in deeply right at this moment – and know he is God and know he is here. Thank you. God bless.

Brooke March 15, 2011 at 9:31 am

Craig,
Thankful for the images your words prompted in my mind- the goodness and beauty of God’s Creation…and taking the time to stop and really SEE Him in it all- even in spinny dresses dancing… :) thanks for stoppping by last week and for sharing His gifts to you.
May you be blessed today!
Brooke :)

Craig March 15, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I hearted the spinny dancing thing. And it’s like Ann says – if we look we can see him pretty much anywhere. Thank YOU for being here. God Bless and keep you and yours. And God gets all the credit for the images – I just plagiarize him :)

Joan March 19, 2011 at 8:18 am

Craig – I enjoyed reading your list of gratitude. Love the one about the kitty. My husband often says that everything a cat does is premeditated.

Thank you for visiting Reflections. Time doesn’t permit me to visit every participating blog, but bless those like you who do.

Joan

Craig March 19, 2011 at 8:59 am

First, I hearted your 2 Peter 3:18. And I don’t get to visit everyone either – but as many as I can. We’re a community of believers, I am blessed in the reading. That’s why I blog here, in this community, for this community, because I’m blessed by this community and I see how much blessing is in it. The community I almost began blogging in is Christian – but not with this kind of heart. I’d say God Bless you but the writer in me says I can’t keep using the word “bless’ this often in one paragraph :)

Thank you and God be with you. :)

Nikki March 30, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I am also thankful He fills me back up when this world tries to steal my joy.

Craig March 30, 2011 at 6:00 pm

And oh has the world been a busy little thief today – this is a very well timed comment – a little comment miracle – thank you Nikki – God Bless you.