Love says thank you 1000 times (#241-260)

by Craig on May 2, 2011

#241 … that hearts of stone aren’t unredemptively unbreakable.

#242 … that one which is hardened, even though it’s not stone, can be softened by Our Lord’s touch.

#243 … that he takes hearts of stone, makes them flesh, writes his law on them, and there resides.

#244 … that a self centered heart can learn to see truly, after years of seeing only its own reflection in everything.

#245 … that a heart which only pretends to hold others, but whose reach extends only as far as itself – its reach can be expanded.

#246 … that He turned my heart from stone to flesh, then saw it harden, and shattered that hardness which was suffocating the heart – and I don’t see it ever hardening again.

#247 … that this year, which I’ve named “connect”, because of Ann Voskamp, has been used by God as a transformational event and is redeeming this “me” centered heart.

#248 … that this heart that once only heard its own beat, now hears a chorus. It couldn’t – or wouldn’t recognize broken hearts. It was, for the most part, unaffected by tsunamis, and tornadoes – as long as the disasters didn’t affect its own beating. It. has. bloomed.

#249 … that for a while this new heart lay open and bare and felt too much. It felt everything at the beginning of this year – as if the “on” switch were flipped and there was no ability control how much got in – and it didn’t know how to handle the load. But He is teaching me now – the balance.

#250 … that He is the most patient person I know.

#251 … that no matter where I travel, across the globe or right next door,

or through a wardrobe,

or down a rabbit hole,

or have my house drop on a witch,

there is no place like home.

#252 … that home is where my Father is – and I don’t even need to tap my heels together to reach him.

#253 … that He runs to reach me – to reach us.

#254 … that the interwebs goes far and fast, but prayer goes farther and faster and has no need for a fail whale.

#255 … that it seems that there is purpose to family and friends and work, and culture – but there is only One thing that makes any of that, worth anything at all.

#256 … that Solomon knew, long ago, that without God, we’re just mayflies, we’re born, we live, we die, and then there’s nothing. And anything gained or lost or experienced – is useless. Then the next generation does the same – and so on – and it’s all a useless “chasing after the wind.”

#257 … that only if there is an eternal and all powerful and all loving God who was Crucified and died – and didn’t stay dead – does any of this any have meaning. And that there is an all powerful and all loving God who was Crucified and died – and didn’t stay dead – and it all has his handprint, and loving purpose.

#258 … that he knows my name and has it written down.

#259 … that he knows you too – and your name is written.

#260 … that if you aren’t sure your life has an eternal purpose, there is a way to be sure.

And lastly – though not a thank you – if you don’t know for certain that you have eternal life – time and circumstance – and yes – the Eternal and All Powerful God – may have you reading these words for a reason. Your life can have meaning – eternal meaning. Just tell me. It’s not like the secrets to this eternal life are all that hidden – still I’d like to share them with you.

Katina May 2, 2011 at 8:32 am

Love the line: that home is where my Father is – and I don’t even need to tap my heels together to reach him!

So often I feel far from God but he is right there! It is me that needs to be open to him!

Craig May 2, 2011 at 10:19 am

I learned long ago Katina, God’s address never changes – it’s my movement away from him that’s the problem. I just need more obedient, more humble feet, and better eyes to see. Thank you for this Katina – thank you much. God bless you – and your vision – and your feet today.

tinuviel May 2, 2011 at 8:39 am

I’m with Katina on loving the “home” line. Great post title, too, Craig! Your list is full of truth and encouragement. God bless you, brother.

Craig May 2, 2011 at 10:21 am

And a thank you – to my sister in Our Lord. It’s God’s encouragement – it’s His truth – I kind of plagiarized him :)

Thank you so much again – and God Bless you!!

Cora May 2, 2011 at 9:22 am

I should have waited and just copied your list into my own. But then it wouldn’t be ME, would it???? I, too, went with “Home is where the Father is. . .”. I have to say He has always met me and walked the last of the journey. Thank you for taking a week of struggling thoughts and emotions and finding the words for it all today. If the Lord meant this to be a year of connecting for you, you have certainly done that in my life, and I know in the lives of so many others. I pray that He will continue to bless you. . . . and Laska!

Craig May 2, 2011 at 10:23 am

No Cora, it’d be you too – we share the same faith, the same Lord, the same fallen nature – imperfect – but perfect – but imperfect. And this year of connecting – I can see that it’s him – like you know a tree by the fruit it bears. I’ve tried to “connect” before – and failed – this time it has his handprint on it – and it’s kind of a miracle. Thank you Cora – and God Bless you!

A. May 2, 2011 at 9:26 am

yes, Home is where the Father is….heart that very much, as you would say; and #255, really learning that this year…without Him all else is truly empty and unsatisfying.

Craig May 2, 2011 at 10:26 am

And I heart that you heart that – thank you A. All of it – the blue ball spinning in space and all us human dots on it – what purpose is there if it’s all just racing to oblivion. The world is dying, the universe id dying – we’ll all die – there is no purpose unless there is God. God bless you A.

Kris May 2, 2011 at 9:27 am

Love this list, Craig. Such great gifts, even the hard ones. I am learning so much…

Blessings, brother.

Craig May 2, 2011 at 10:28 am

Alleluia Kris – he has given us much – and we are required much – but he gives us strength for the journey. No? Thank you Kris – Blessings to you too my sister!!

Christina May 2, 2011 at 10:14 am

“Faith is not a notion, but a real strong essential hunger, an attracting or magnetic desire of Christ, which as it proceeds from a seed of the divine nature in us, so it attracts and unites with its like.” William Law
Found this interesting quote for you. Absolutely loved your list today, I could read it over and over. Praise God for new hearts that beat for Him.

Craig May 2, 2011 at 10:31 am

“it attracts and unites with its like.” – heart that – thank you for that gift Christina. A heart pursued by God and pursuing God can’t go wrong. No? Thank you so much Christina – thank you – and God bless you – and your heart that beats strong for Our Lord.

Anna May 2, 2011 at 10:28 am

Love your list, and I enjoy coming here. I concur with much on your list, especially #250, 252, 258, 259. As far as #247…glad you are connecting here, brother, and how your words are a blessing and an encouragement. Blessings to you.

Craig May 3, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Anna – so sorry I’m late replying – your comment got caught by my spam program – I had to rescue it – and so happy I did. Such an encouragement. And as for #247 and Ann Voskamp – she is doing far more than she knows – with lots of people. Thank you Anna. thank you. And God Bless you.

Dawn May 2, 2011 at 10:48 am

Dear Craig,

I still struggle with #248, but then your #249 brought perspective. Balance is the key, and, I think, knowing where the Lord would have each of us be. This just came to me as I am typing. Some would be brought down themselves it they went to minister in some areas because of a weakness they have in that area or because of past experiences and unhealed memories so He will call another there. We need to know where were are to be and not to be. I remember cautioning you earlier in the year when you were carrying the load of the world. I’m glad it’s better. Yes, I love #249.

My favorite part is the closing paragraph.
Praying,

Craig May 2, 2011 at 11:04 am

I remember that time too – and I remember your advice. And amen Dawn – balance – balance in almost everything. We should go were we are gifted, and armed, and can make a difference. I heart your wisdom. And that last paragraph? I know that almost everyone who reads this has a relationship with Our Lord. But you never know when someone might need to hear this – so…

God bless you Dawn.

Grace Walker May 2, 2011 at 10:49 am

You jumped in early today! It’s never too early or too late to give thanks. : )

Craig May 2, 2011 at 11:06 am

Nope – never too early or too late – since Ann I have a much more thankful heart – early and late. Thank you very much for reading me. God bless and keep you and all of yours.

Erin @ Wild Whispers May 2, 2011 at 12:28 pm

He knows my name and has it written down… AMEN! A great list Craig… good to see you today! Blessings, Erin

Craig May 2, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Amen – thank you Erin – good to see YOU too. And Blessings to you and all of yours.

Patti May 2, 2011 at 12:50 pm

As always, I am touched by your words. It is good to be reminded that God takes hearts of stone and softens them. He never gives up on us, and daily he is molding and refining us. God bless you.

Craig May 2, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Thank you Patti. Bless His heart that he breaks through stone – and softens us when we get difficult. He never does give up – i heart that!! And even though the refining hurts – I want to be refined. Thank you Patti – as always for your encouraging words – and God Bless you too!!

Angela May 2, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Wow aren’t we the poet! Nice Craig. Hey tomorrow I’m starting a Tuesday linkup called “Gateways to Joy.” This will be my first link up. I want those that read our stories to be encouraged. The post can be about any situation that you deemed “bleak” but how God used the situation to bring you farther along than you could have ever gone in your life had the situation not happened. It may be something ongoing even. Would you considere linking up?

Oh, and how did you get your code at the bottom of your button? I’m having so much trouble with that. My button is even too small, but I’m so tired of working on it until I’ve just left it alone for now.

One last thing, if you know of any bloggers who would be interested in posting could you please pass along this info. Thanks!

Craig May 2, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Angela – not a poet AT ALL – I heart poetry – but poetry does not heart me – still I try. Thank you. Godspeed with your linky – when I have my next “looks hopeless but God found a way” I’ll link up :) And about the button I had someone I met at Blissdom – a wordpress and code guru do the code for the button – you can twitter her @EricaMueller tell her I sent you – super affordable and she can do all sorts of stuff. She’s a tech goddess. God Bless you Angela – thank you too.

Sharon @ Hiking Toward Home May 2, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Your last paragraph had me wanting to yell, “that’s it!!” So many are focused on their Mark 4:19 syndrome that they completely forget that we are here for a purpose and that is to spread the Gospel and lead others to Christ.

Craig May 3, 2011 at 11:37 am

You had me running to look up Mark 4:19 Sharon. Ouch. And don’t forget love – we are here to love too :) But then, spreading the Gospel of Our Lord is a little division of love :) God Bless you Sharon. Praying.

Liz Hoyt Eberle May 2, 2011 at 9:46 pm

‘Nother great list, Craig…. but ahhhh home IS with my Father and how grateful I am that He RUNS after me..this wayward child who forgets balance and to say thanks. And yes that He made a way for us to reach Him. Thank you for listing and reminding me to stop and say THANK YOU, FATHER.

Craig May 3, 2011 at 11:39 am

Everybody likes my tap my heels three times gig – and that he loves us enough to run after us. And thank Ann Voskamp for me listing – it’s all her idea – all her amazing idea – I just run with it. Thank you Liz – thank you – and God Bless.

Debbie May 3, 2011 at 1:31 am

Thanks so much for the thank you’s Craig. You inspire me and help me to stay thankful too!

Craig May 3, 2011 at 11:40 am

Like I said to Liz, Deb, thank Ann Voskamp for me listing my thanks – it’s all her idea – all her amazing idea – I just run with it. Her idea inspires and has me thankful – and I’m thankful for you – God Bless.

StephieDee May 3, 2011 at 1:47 am

no place like HOME; no one like HIM

Your focus on the heart resonates with my soul.

Simply
StephieDee

Craig May 3, 2011 at 11:42 am

“no place like HOME; no one like HIM” I have nothing to add to the simplicity and profound nature of what you wrote. Maybe just Amen. Thank you StephieDee – simply – thank you – and God bless.