Love carefully but bravely explores

by Craig on May 11, 2011

If you are new to Deep Into Love, you may not know that from time to time Laska the love kitty sneaks on here, and before I know it, there’s a post. He likes to write, and as long as he stays on topic – well – it saves me the trouble of writing…

helo evribudy this is Laska

this iz reel stori

this wuz beefore i almost dide

did u no i almoste dide last weke (th stori – it iz heer)

I doent no dide – but i doent think i want tu

aniway

kreg nedes me tu teech hium sumthing

so her iz stori

wen we mooved to nu plase i wuz lost (stori iz heer)

so i m kayrfull abowt owtside now – but i am brave kat

so this is stori how i explore kayrful but brave

kreg nedes to learn kayrfull but brave

furst i go to dore – but kayfull

nu iz sumtymz skary – but u kant be afrayd of nu – iz just difrent thaz awl

then i luk owtside dore to left and rite becuz iz gud to be kayrfull

i m not skayrd i m just kayrful

sumtimez kreg is skayred

so i luk

then i go owt becuz if awl u do iz luk then u r not brave lyk luv kityz

I kepe eyez open wyd but am not skayrd – just kayrfull

I find safe distense an i kepe streching bowndreez

i evun go up stayrz

sumtimez kreg u nede to go upstayrz and not be skayred to tri nu things

Still i sumtimz stay low to grownd – not becuz skayred – just kayrful – unerstand?

sumtimz kreg gose tu fast and duz not stay low to grownd an bad thingz hapin

i want him to be smart lyk luv kity

an i no wat this luks lyk…

but kreg is skayrd sumtimz – not luv kityz – it is bad piktchur – kreg put it in i think so he cud fele betr – but iz bad piktchur

this iz betr wun – see how i am brayve an i look far ahed and am not skayred

kreg if u reed this i want u tu be lyk luv kity

i want u tu not be skayrd but tu tri

an evin tho not all dores are rite dores…

u wil fynd rite dore

i hav konfidense in u

i luv u evin tho u r skayrd sumtymz

evin tho u mayke mistayks an go trhu rong dores sumtymz

i just want u tu be brayve

OK

luv

laska th luv kity

Cora May 11, 2011 at 10:07 am

Laska th luv kity mst hav bin foloin mee last nite. I wanted tu go sumwer. A plase I hav nt bin be4. ey did go owt the dor. looked awl the wich ways. evin revved up car and drov owt. But got reely sceered so kep on goin rite past place. Ey was upset. Ey pro-ly hurt sum1. But ey got sceered lyke Craig duz sumtims. Checking owt dores 4 the furst tyme can be sceery. Speshaly if no 1 tels mee if it is ok ore not ok. soooo. . . . ey mis a lot of good dores. . dores wich r safe an good 4 me. Then ey m soory cuz lader ey find owt that ferends wur thare that luv me an ey wud hav bin safe an ok. Nede tu go with Laska mor!

Craig May 11, 2011 at 2:12 pm

ur laskish iz not bad cora – thayre are mani mispeld wurdz but i unerstand u. I hav no oposubel thims so i kant go in rong dore unles sumwun openz it fore mi. choozind dores is hard – i will give tip to u – smell th dores – that helpz.

Miz Liz May 11, 2011 at 11:54 am

AWESOME story, Laska!! And even this OLD Texas girl can read your mid-west accent! Good lesson, too, sweet kitty. New door terrify me. I’ll try to learn from you. Thank you for sharing. Hope you can read my Texas drawl. :-) Give Craig a heart badge. He’s learning so well.
Warm fuzzies,
Liz
P.S. Love your comment, too, Cora !! Do I detect an east coast trang? lol lol Hugs.

Craig May 11, 2011 at 2:15 pm

laskish is peyore langwij it haz no axents – kreg iz lerning slo – u shuld pray fore him – thank u fore reeding – luv laska ^.^

brian May 11, 2011 at 11:55 am

hahaha…luv thsi…mi kitty almos got it by n algator wunc

Craig May 11, 2011 at 2:41 pm

u hav mispeld sum wurds but u hav gud laskish u must bee smart humin – thank u fore reeding my purrfect prose. and is kity ok? ^.^

brian May 11, 2011 at 5:55 pm

jis skarz on hurr lgz

A. May 11, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Laska captures the best essences of childlikeness: lack of malice, simplicity, honesty, simple faith, telling things like they are…I love his writings. They bring me to my knees every time. I think Laska is very near the heart of the Father.

Craig May 11, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Oh he’s got some malice in him – you should see him go after some of his toys when he’s in the mood. And last night I left the sugar uncovered – yes – the counter and pawprints – and it was a little clumpy – I suspect the love kitty had a midnight snack – he woke me many times – a sugar high? God bless you A.

Kati May 11, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Very cute… it’s a good reminder that we can learn from everyone and anything :)

Craig May 11, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Thank you Kati – it IS imperfect prose. No? And you are so right. Everything IS a lesson if we see with better eyes. You have those eyes. Thank you for reading today. God Bless you!!

Ruthiey May 11, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I love this! Makes me laugh and want to be more kayrfull and more brayve!

Craig May 11, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Thank you Ruthiey. It wasn’t so funny last night when the love kitty ate some sugar from the uncovered sugar bowl – then decided it looked better on the floor – and in his sugar delirium kept waking me up to play. But amen – more kayrfulll and more brayve. God bless you – and thank you.

Belinda May 11, 2011 at 2:16 pm

What a fun post! Laska the wise cat? Keep stretching those boundaries. There is a huge difference between being scared and being careful.

Craig May 11, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Thank you Belinda. Laska hearts writing. Can’t keep him off the keyboard sometimes. And amen – careful – prudent – that’s good – scared – that’s not. To stretch the boundaries, and know where home base is, (2Tim1:7) no timidity but but power love and sound mind. The cat is wise. ^.^ Thank you very much for your kind words – God bless you.

Dawn May 11, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Craig,

You know how I love when Laska takes over the computer. I think he may have gotten in the sugar bowl because you posted that not-so-good picture of him between his lines of text. Maybe? Just be sure he did not use the sugar bowl for a litter box (the clumpiness may mean something and the fact that you have sugar all over the place). You know how he is with the litter box.

This to Laska: Way to go with the sugar bowl! You know, you almost had me stumped on that opposable thumb line. It took me quite a few seconds to get that one.

Keeping posting you guys, what a team!
God’s blessings,

Craig May 11, 2011 at 3:49 pm

No – the clumps in the sugar were from his little kitty tongue. He definitely has a little sugar feast. Who knew – a cat that likes sugar. And he has no opposable thumbs, but those claws can be pretty effective. And don’t encourage his sugar madness!!! God bless you. and thank you.

Joybird May 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I think more pets need to blog. They are very wise. And cute. Even their bad pictures are cute!

Craig May 11, 2011 at 5:38 pm

But not every pet has the writing gift though ^.^ And it’s only a bad picture because it shows him being afraid – ruining his cover. Even he has fallen prey to the “portray yourself as better than you are” weakness. But then, cat’s are like that. Thank you very much – God Bless you – take good care of yourself.

Mama Zen May 11, 2011 at 7:36 pm

This is too, too fabulous! I love it!

Craig May 11, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Zombies scare Laska btw :) Thank you – he’s getting good at posting – God bless. ^.^

Southern Gal May 11, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I just want to know how long it took you to type that!! It would totally give me a headache. Can’t misspell on purpose. Can’t.

I do like Laska’s stori, though. Brave kitty.

Craig May 12, 2011 at 11:28 am

It takes twice as long to write – but half as long to edit :) And he is a brave kitty this one – he’s been through a lot in one short year. Laska’s the love kitty’s history:

Abandoned then rescued.
An orphan – but adopted.
Lost – found.
Dying, but being saved.

The story sounds familiar. No? God Bless you Renee. and thank you.

Michelle May 12, 2011 at 5:30 am

I read once “Dogs think they are human, Cats think they are god.” I think Laska is close to the heart of God, and brings a little of God’s wisdom to us humans.

imperfect prose May 12, 2011 at 6:37 pm

lol this is unique and creative, craig! my cat passed away this summer… your love for your pet is beautiful.

Craig May 12, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Emily – thank you. I just knew you were a cat person. What was the name of your cat? I’ve searched the Scripture and find no reason why our wouldn’t see our beloved pets again after this life. All animals? No. But beloved pets who can’t sin, and who elicit love? Yes. God Bless you Emily – and thank you – I always want to write something exceptional for imPURRRRRfect Prose.