Love says thank you 1000 times (#’s 281-299)

by Craig on May 16, 2011

Mondays are Thank You days for Love…

I thank you God…

#281 … for a mind that can ponder perplexities and mysteries and sweep me right into Your line of thought.

#282 … for a heart and soul that knows its home, that can transcend my mere thoughts, and navigate beyond places my mind can reach.

#283 … that today I’m pondering with heart and mind.

source

#284 … that You rested on the seventh day of Creation.

#285 … that an all powerful God doesn’t need to rest.

#286 … that it makes me wonder why, and circles me back to #281, #282 and requires #283.

#287 … that there is more to You than any human mind – or all of our combined minds can conceive fully.

#288 … that it’s the putting of You in a box that constrains, not You, but us. It’s when I, in my mind, limit what You can and cannot do in my life, that I constrain myself only, because You are unconstrainble.

#289 … that there are myriad reasons why You may have rested on day seven, but one of them is most obviously to pattern the way for us.

#290 … that this human flesh is so beautifully and wonderfully made, but that it’s imperfect, and vulnerable, and needs a Savior as much as my soul. It drives me to my knees, and to Your feet.

#291 … that even the most pristine and powerful human body, is still just a delicate mesh of tissue that could be felled in instant. That drives me to my knees, and to Your feet.

#292 … that though the human mind is a spectacular miracle, it has limits – and it too is fragile. And that drives me to my knees, and to Your feet.

#293 …that we have this necessity, as creations, to rest…

… and it makes me think of how nice it was of You to model that for us in the very act of Creation – to my knees – to Your feet.

#294 … that we are created in Your image, You create – and we create. You work and we work. You bring order out of chaos. We do the same. We straighten a shelf, we vacuum a floor, we wipe a counter, we balance a budget, we bring order out of chaos. It’s in our being, part of Your image, and we bear Your image.

#295 … for that one grand explosion of energy that fashioned the whole fabric of time and space upon which we are sewn.

source

#296 … that the “Big Bang” theory that was beloved by scientists, for a while, because it seemed to take You out of the equation of creation – that theory has, over time, placed You clearly at the center of it.

#297 … that the theory of the Big Bang itself states that there was no time, space, or matter, before the event. Everything issued from a popcorn sized point of energy at the center of our universe. But where did that come from? It sends some scientist scurrying for new theories. It drives me to my knees, and to Your feet.

#298 … that something from nothing is, by definition, a miracle – and a miracle requires God – and I’m OK with that.

#299 … that the flaw in any purely scientific “theory of everything” is that it lacks One crucial variable. If it does not include an uncaused cause – a Creator – You – it does not add up. And that drives me to my knees, and. to. Your. feet.

Dawn May 16, 2011 at 6:46 am

Dear Craig,

You are resting. It is good to see you’ve come to realize you need to do that here. Even a sleepless person needs to shut down the blog and relax in whatever way a sleepless person would do that. Your thankfulness centers on the Creator. You have been with Him this weekend. I can “smell His fragrance”.

May the Lord bless you and keep you,

PS I got in here before Cora today, imagine that! I hope she is ok.

Craig May 16, 2011 at 11:59 am

Did I say something to make you think I was resting Dawn – nope – no rest – it’s a thorn. What are ya gonna do. Thank you for the kind thoughts – and always – God Bless you.

Dawn May 16, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Craig,

This is what led me to the rest theme: 284, 285, 289, 293 – these are all about rest (oh, and the Picasso picture) and no weekend blog entries. I’m never quite sure over the internet if you’re kidding me or not.

At least you were thinking about it?

Michelle May 16, 2011 at 6:53 am

I <3 #288 So true, so true.

Craig May 16, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Amen – Baby doesn’t belong in the corner – and God doesn’t belong in a box:) God bless you Michelle!!

A. May 16, 2011 at 9:09 am

I am glad if in some way rest has come to you.

Craig May 16, 2011 at 12:02 pm

You and Dawn both – what did I say that hinted I got rest? Last night was particularly horrible. I just appreciate the rest I get even more now – even if there is next to none. God Bless you A.

Cora May 16, 2011 at 10:13 am

#290 was the one that spoke to me the most today, although it seems that they all worked together — can I just bundle them all up???? Being driven to our knees and to His feet. . . that meant a lot to me. We try so hard on our own, whether it be in the physical or the spiritual realm. But as I read your list today, the hymn came to my mind, “Jesus, I am Resting, Resting in the joy of what thou art. . . .” I haven’t heard that in years and years, but I love it so much. My song for the day. I pray you find rest today, Craig!

Craig May 16, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Thank you for the prayer – always need prayer – the thorn is – well – what it is. And #290? You look at our atmosphere from space and see how thin it is – that little sliver keeping us alive – wow. Our bodies – top of the line or not – are just that delicate. God bless you Cora – and thank you.

Kristin May 16, 2011 at 11:35 am

This was so beautiful! I’ve been driven to my knees many times, and I now make it a habit to fall to those knees and to His feet every Tuesday with fasting, praising, and intercessory prayer. If you ever have a request I can take before the Lord, please share. I have 35 names on my list and am always glad to pray for another.
You have such a way with words! Do you ever think about writing a book?
Thank you for sharing.

Craig May 16, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Thank you Kristin, your words are so gracios. I’m learning, in this year I’ve named “connect” about praying for others – and loving it. I’m still not used to people praying for me. The thing I need most is to continue to want God’s will ABOVE my own. When I begin wanting my will instead – well – I don’t like that. I’ll take that prayer please and thank you :)

And a book? That would be nice! I’ve got a stack of very nicely worded rejection letters to show I’ve tried – and I will try again :) Can I put you down for buying one? :)

God Bless you – and thank you so much.

Kris May 16, 2011 at 11:52 am

#294. yes. Yes. YES! on my knees, at his feet. May I never feel more at home then in that position. Blessings, brother. (Hopefully, your spam catcher got the divorce papers I sent, and will set me free to comment as I feel so moved! 😉

Craig May 16, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Thank you Kris. I heart your comments – and this one actually got through – the spam catcher may have gotten the papers! :) I’ll wait till the next time to feel comfortable with it’s “apparent” easy going response to your actions.:) Thank you Kris – and Blessings to you, sister.

denise @ victory rd. May 16, 2011 at 12:01 pm

oh your thanksgiving…eucharists are breathtaking. speaking truth and awe to me today. this is worship.

Craig May 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Denise – such a truly nice thing to say. God is kind of breathtaking. God bless you tis day – and thank you ever so.

Christina May 16, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Love 287! What an awesome and big God we serve! And I’d rather serve a Big God than a Big Bang! Thanks for this great post!

Craig May 16, 2011 at 1:18 pm

“rather serve a Big God than a Big Bang!” Ha – funny – made me smile. God bless you Christina!

Erin @ Wild Whispers May 16, 2011 at 4:35 pm

what a big world we have to rest in and be thankful for! amen to this!

Craig May 16, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Perfect sized planet, perfect atmosphere, perfect Sun, perfect sized planets around us, water all over, nowhere else like it in the Universe. Amen. God Bless you Erin – and thank you.

Mari May 16, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Hi Craig! I “heart” your reflection on being made in His image and how its reflected in our work to bring order…had never seen it that way =) May this week bring you moments of joy and rest!

Craig May 17, 2011 at 8:07 am

I heart your “heart”. You know I never used heart as a verb before I began blogging in this community. I heart heart as a verb!! But then you already know that. We’re made in his image- so much like him – but fallen – bit one day…

Thank you for your wish of rest – and joy. God Bless you Mari.

Debbie May 17, 2011 at 2:15 am

I’m so blessed by your thanksgiving in the middle of trials and thorns. Thank you. #288 was a wonderful one for me to meditate on today! God bless you and all He is to you!

Craig May 17, 2011 at 8:13 am

Deb, the trials and thorns I’m used to – If I hadn’t been so rebellious with Our Lord I wouldn’t have required so many. He’s persistent – God. Thank you Deb – and as always – God bless you!

Patti May 17, 2011 at 4:16 pm

The kind of forgiveness you found for your step-father is supernatural. It is allowing God’s grace, mercy and forgiveness to flow through you. That is very powerful stuff, and beyond the understanding of the world. Thank you for sharing your journey to forgiveness. Also, thank you for your list about faith and science. It is something that is very dear to my heart. My husband is a scientist. True science points to the Creator!

Craig May 17, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Thank you Patti, you’ve gotten ahead of me a little bit – seen my hint at the end. You have good eyes, and a good spirit, and your words are gracious. So thank you. And you are so right, “true science points to the Creator”. Amen. God bless you and your scientist and all of yours.