Love considers the resurrection of trust

by Craig on June 1, 2011

here and there
a disarmed heart

a feigning dilettante

striving, struggling, slipping,

inept and incapable

always sightless to Your Design

sirens beckon
enchant the snare
enjoin a question

Why?

Why?

Yet

reminiscence remains
invariable, inconstant, but always nigh

You engage ever straight

Your Will

is

my

way

Maranantha

In God’s love

because it’s poetry I link with Emily…

and because I’m walking with Ann I link with…

Mama Zen June 1, 2011 at 8:41 am

Lovely!

Craig June 1, 2011 at 10:10 am

Thank you – just.simple.thank you.

Cora June 1, 2011 at 9:19 am

Wow! You have to know something is REALLY good when you can’t get past the title. “the ressurection of trust!” I never really could explain what happened when I crawled out of that dark hole of despair many years ago. All the “psychological terms” just didn’t fit — mainly because there was a miracle involved, a work of God’s Spirit, answers to prayers. When something is dead, it’s dead, gone without life. And I was there. To think of a ressurection takes me back to Easter again. And to LIFE! This morning, for the first time, I understand what happened in that hole I was in with no ladder and no light. There WAS a ladder there all the time, and a light, but I was “too dead” to see. Trust may seem like such a small thing to most people and they look at you so NOT understanding. But those of us who lost ALL trust surely died. And a resurrection of trust — for me, anyways — was an opening of my eyes to the light and being able to climb that ladder out of the hole.

OK! I’m done with the title! Should I read the poem????

Craig June 1, 2011 at 10:31 am

Cora, you have the distinction of being the first person to ever comment, and comment so prolifically, about a title:-)

Thank you for that – I get it.

now, please feel free to proceed with the reading of the poem :-) God bless.

Dawn June 1, 2011 at 9:25 am

Craig,

I’m not much into poetry. I like straight prose with almost essay-like qualities. I think it’s because I don’t get much of what a poet intends. It’s like not recognizing faces to me. Anyway, let me tell you what the dogs thought. They get poetry much better than I.

The little one, Sebastian, really liked the twist in the center, the flip-flop from not why to why not when the focus switched from questioning God to questioning yourself. Then Mickey, the smart one, indicated that that was a clever link between the confusion and nebulousness of the beginning and the solid certainty of the ending. He said it naturally had to twist and the twist in words was brilliant. I must tell you, Craig, that Mickey does not compliment people often so this is a real biggie here.

All the while the female, ruler of the canine part of this house, looked on approvingly. I think you have a winner here in their eyes. What’s the cat say?

God bless you,

Craig June 1, 2011 at 10:38 am

Dawn, right now I’ll trade you one naughty little cat for a non naughty puppy. The love Kitty, who should know not to put his claws on the screen, has successfully de-screened a window – and when I saw him he lay down all meek, and sad – nothing like getting caught in the act.

By the Way, tell Mickey, nebulousness is a fine choice of words. Please thank the dogs – they understand poetry better than me too. Tell them they were correct at picking out every nuance. Smart dogs.

the cat has nothing to say right now – he’s sleeping peacefully under a blanket – how quickly they forget. God bless.

alittlebitograce June 1, 2011 at 12:20 pm

This is the crux of what I’m wrestling with. Trusting God’s perfect will rather than deluging Him with my whys.

Craig June 1, 2011 at 5:59 pm

first, thank you for reading. Second, I don’t know whether this is Steve or Grace – I read about the canoe – hearted that story – do you guys share writing on your blog? anyway… Just controlling what I can control – and allowing him to control what I cannot – I’m with you – that’s tough – but necessary for peace – oh well. Again thank you – and God bless whichever one you are – and all of yours.

brian miller June 1, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Y is a crooked letter we will never straighten…

and as for his will, while at times hard to discern, is truly the best and if you dont believe just give the other a try…its not a whole lot of fun…

Craig June 1, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Amen Brian, I’ve been a handful for God in my 26 years of knowing him – he’s got me pretty well trained now – but you are so, so right. Thank you Brian – and God bless and keep you and all of yours.

red or gray June 1, 2011 at 2:46 pm

questions we all have so eloquently laid before us ~~

Craig June 1, 2011 at 6:08 pm

you comment like you write your poetry. It’s kind of like art. :-) I heart that. Thank you, and God bless you.

Miz Liz June 1, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Today I crawled out of my sick-and-tired-poor-me fuzzy blanket and came here for comfort. ‘Ressurection of Trust’ tripped me up because I did not want to think, examine. Then I got to perpetually precise… ahhhhh. yes. God is. Oh my. always ever exact.
Perhaps I can even get courage to turn off the stupid negative voices.
Thank you, Craig, for remaining true to God’s whispers. I heart your words because they help me get back on my feet when I trip.

Craig June 1, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Liz, thank you for crawling out of your blanket. Thank you. And thank you for being so kind with your words. That’s one of the things that we are going to have to attack in this upcoming “love war” against the negative voices. Sometimes I can hear words as nice as yours – and whoosh – they go right through. We’re gonna work on that. I just prayed for you – hope that’s okay – I heart that you read me, and I heart reading you. God bless.

Brandee Shafer June 1, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Trusting gets easier as we get to know the trusted better. I don’t know about you, but God has called me to do some “crazy” things. But (as I have stepped out in obedience) He has also been there every step of my way. Great post. Perfect imperfect prose!

Craig June 1, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Brandee, first, thank you for your kind words. I’ve known HIM, and seen him work, and done his work, and trusted him, and stepped out, but sometimes the memory of how good he is is just too short. I say I trust him – then seldom lean upon him – or at least not enough. Still more growing to do :-) God bless you – and thank you again.

Brandee Shafer June 1, 2011 at 7:03 pm

We ALL have more growing to do. Grow us, Lord Jesus, even if growing feels like the flu. You’re the best, Craig.

Craig June 1, 2011 at 7:15 pm

just about made my day – thank you Brandee ƪ(◠‿◠)╯

Melissa June 1, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Love your words, Craig! Love the turning from why? to why not? Why is always the place where I get stuck. But I’m learning, the same as you, not to go there, to ask instead, “What does this mean?” and “Who is it You want to be to me now?” and “What shall I do about it?” and “How shall you change me?” When my will is one with His will there are no Y’s, just B’s. Blessings to you, brother!

Craig June 1, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Melissa, you have no idea how much I heart that you were here to read one of my poems.

Poems. Still. Hate. Me.

Why are they so hard write – if I only knew a poet who can answer that question for me – somebody like you :-) we are growing in the same direction – understanding better the same Lord – just want you to know I’m smiling – just because I know you read me – and left this comment. God bless you Melissa.

A. June 2, 2011 at 12:24 am

The resurrection of trust…so amazing that this very thought came up in a conversation i had via phone with a distant friend….this thought that we need to become as little children and below a certain age, generally, how readily they trust! wow!!!! His will above mine, and not mine to ask why, but rather, why not? wow….thanks, thanks, Craig!

Craig June 2, 2011 at 5:22 pm

A., I thought about that too – that we start out able to believe in magic, and accept deep spiritual truths, and then the world gets a hold of us and teaches us to color inside the lines. There’s something to be said for going outside the lines – that just may be the faith of a child. And Amen, why not – it’s like doubting the doubts and believing the beliefs – easy to say – tougher to practice. Thank you A. – And God bless you.

A. June 3, 2011 at 12:06 am

I think I want to go back to living outside the lines in the land of magic. Maybe, just maybe there would be an unexpected sort of liberty and life there-a liberty and life I have not had in a long while. You are right, it is that magical place where faith is the rule and outcomes can be surprising and delightful. I am ready to dream again, just maybe, and it may be the opening…the crack in the door through which light can come again. That place is His place and I hope, as I go to bed tonight, that the flicker of hope will not go out, that it will be there in the morning like an ember waiting to be blown into flame, that flame of vision I hoped for earlier. Even if the vision isn’t grand or full of detail at this point, even a speck of vision can give hope. I don’t journal so I am going to reread this post in the morning, and hope I can recapture what I am feeling and sensing tonight through what has been written here. Mornings for me are usually like huge obstacles that block out all light and warmth so I am going to pray that tomorrow morning will be different. I am very glad you said what you did in your comment. What an insight with some very freeing possibilities….!

Craig June 3, 2011 at 6:25 pm

you are a gem, A. I just finished praying for your mornings. that he break some sunshine through, that he help you through the tough part of your days, that maybe he even send an angel or two your way. God bless you A.

And your way with words – it’s really a lovely way with words.

Debbie June 2, 2011 at 12:40 am

Your poems don’t hate you . . .trust me on that. :) This one couldn’t hate because it was so full of Him, and His will, healing us and leading us. So good, Craig. Thank you for stretching yourself to do this. An idea someone told me about poems was that she wrote them all out in a paragraph, just wrote out all the ideas, and then went back looking for line breaks. Just in case that helps!
God bless you as you trust Him with everything!

Craig June 2, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Debbie, you just don’t know how mean poems are to me when I try to write them. Prose just flows off my keyboard like water down the rocks of the stream – poetry – that’s more like sandpaper against my fingertips. Poetry is hard. The poem above – what – 150 words? I can write that many words of prose in 1 minute – in my sleep – and often do :-) and about that poetry trick – maybe I’ll try that soon. Thank you for helping – still – poetry. Hates. Me. That’s my story – and I’m sticking to it :-) God bless.

Alicia The Snowflake June 2, 2011 at 9:04 am

Beautiful! God is teaching me about His will. It’s a hard lesson…surrendering our own ideals of what our life should be. I’m still learning…

Thanks for sharing!

Craig June 2, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Alicia, I think the biggest thing that I have ever learned about God’s will – is that it has to be – it must be – his will above mine – or there’s just no peace. More of him. Less of me. I’m still learning too :-) thank you for reading – I heart that you read – and God bless and keep you.

Melissa S June 2, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Amen!!!

Craig June 2, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Melissa – a one-word response – with three exclamation points – that goes straight to my heart. My heart hearts that!!! Thank you – and God bless and keep you.

imperfect prose June 2, 2011 at 8:46 pm

i felt my heart bow in worship through this one, craig. i stood before the throne and begged with you, your will, Lord, not mine…

Craig June 3, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Emily, when you comment on what I’ve written, and I feel that it got your seal of approval, I just sit silently and smile. You have such a gracious spirit. Thank you, and God bless you and yours.