Love fights war against the negative inner voices

by Craig on June 2, 2011

Love is not quick to anger, but love does get angry.

source

One of the things that our Lord got angry at was injustice. When people were being cheated in the part of the Temple that was supposed to be for prayer – that’s when tables were overturned.

When he healed a man on the Sabbath and all the religious leaders could think of was how horrible it was that he worked on “the Lord’s day” – his eyes burned with anger.

God is love.
Jesus is God.
Love is not quick to anger.
But love does get angry!

Love also “does not rejoice in wrongdoing but rejoices in the truth.”

The truth is that these negative voices we hear inside our heads are hostile – and deceitful – and even though sometimes they’re wrapped in a thin veneer of truth,

they are lies,

they are wrong.

They. Are. Not. Love.

And it’s just fine to be angry at them.

They have to go.

This is a Love War.

And they have to be driven out.

Now!

Unchecked, tomorrow is one more day of victory for them.

source

They’ve stolen too much of our lives,
too much of our joy,
too many hours, days, years,
too many opportunities.

Even yesterday I know they may have been clawing at the door of your heart.
Even yesterday they may have slowed you down.

They come from inside of us,
echoes from our past,
haunting and invading the present.

We should,
and will,
have more control over echoes.

But the negative voices are not just you.
Though they aren’t all from the Evil One,
they are all weapons of the Evil One.

If our hearts are set on God, the Enemy’s forces are aimed at us.

The negative voices are a huge part of his weaponry. Today, even if his stupid little minions have not arrived yet, bearing their slings and arrows, they are preparing for battle.

We are creations of the Most High God.

But one of his creations, in eternity past, chose the path of being everything that God is not. Where our God is love – and perfect love, the enemy is “not” love – but he is not perfect.

Darkness cannot overcome the light.
Imperfection cannot overcome perfection.
We have light on our side, and perfection surrounding and within us.

Yesterday when the negative voices slowed me down, the thing that stopped them in their tracks – the thing that spun them around on their heels and sent them on their cowardly and frantic retreat – was the advance of heaven against them.

Heaven advanced by prayer.

How often I try to fight this war all on my own.

But I am not alone.

source

We are not alone.

On our own the negative voices will continue to attack – to repeat nothing new – just the same old tired words. And those words will cause the inevitable spiral downward. We may perform the basics of necessity – but any dreaming, movement forward, anything grand and good will be stopped.

I know of this pattern. I know well.

It had me by the throat yesterday.

Prayer is what turned it around.

I began a series on prayer long ago.

It finishes in the next two posts.

The last part of the prayer,

oh so fittingly,

is…

“Protect us from the Evil One.”

In this Love War against the negative voices,

we will need that protection.

Love. Will. Win.

Dawn June 2, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Dear Craig,

“We may perform the basics of necessity – but any dreaming, movement forward, anything grand and good will be stopped.” This line pierced my heart. I immediately got a picture of starving children.

Hearing negative voices is to the mental/emotional as starvation is to the physical. In both cases there is nothing with which to build and so, in order to survive, one must use up oneself. This sounds beyond horrible. I am praying for everyone of you that I know who struggles with the sound of negative voices branded into their being. You are under new management and His name is Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Oh, I especially like the name Prince of Peace. Let Him have His way with those negative voices. You will come out singing!

Hugs to everyone,

Cora June 2, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Dawn, I’m leaving my comment here, because your reply to Craig’s post was like a continuation of all that he said. This whole thing has been sent from God for me — not only for me, for another as we walk together through healing and restoration and sorting out all the negative voices that come in sheep’s clothing, and clinging to the One and True voice. You hit the nail on the head when you said that negative voices are starvation. Add to that, there are prison walls and chains. I loved the thought Craig gave of “the advance of Heaven!” To think that God would do that for ME! Isn’t that the most awesome thought in the whole world????
I’m praying, too, because I KNOW. I’ve been there. And I’m walking through it again with another. This all comes with perfect timing. Isn’t it just like God???? Perfect in all that concerns us!

Craig June 2, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Amen Cora – starvation and prison. We need food. We need freedom. The negative voices deprive us of both. I need this kind of help to figure this out – thank you. God bless.

Craig June 2, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Dawn, that is such a good analogy – the negative voices do starve us of what we need emotionally. We need nutrition to survive – our spirits need a connection with our Lord or else they starve – our emotions need nourishment too – or they starve. So many of us are walking around with starved emotions. Nobody sees them, because we hide them, or nobody’s looking deep enough. Thank you Dawn. God bless.

A. June 3, 2011 at 12:37 am

Wow. I just spoke about this though framed differently with a counselor. What has been added here, though, is very powerful insight!!! Starvation, yes, Dawn, that IS what happens. We DO use up ourselves! And Cora, prison…how many times I have described my place in that term. Craig, too many times, too many opportunities, and yes, they do slow us down. So very true. I like the way Dawn described that we are under new management now and who He is.

This feels like a very serious good exposing of the truth. Serious because it is, and good because there is truly a place beyond the negative voices and deadly influence. Sometimes by identifying the enemy we make him smaller and diminish his power. Craig, I like that you reminded of the power of prayer to defeat the lies. Admittedly, I forget to do that sometimes and pay the price.

Craig June 3, 2011 at 5:56 pm

A. It really was amazing what those two simple words from Dawn and Cora added. No? Starvation – and prison. And prayer – it always seems like the last thing we pull out of the tool chest – but it really does need always to be the first. Silly humans. God bless you A.

Michelle June 3, 2011 at 6:01 am

“On our own the negative voices will continue to attack – to repeat nothing new – just the same old tired words.” ” – to repeat nothing new – just the same old tired words.” That’s all the enemy has to fight us with – the same things he has thrown at man since the beginning of time.

And our weapons against the enemy and his tired old tricks? Prayer and praise and worship! Even if it is just breathing in “Jesus” and breathing out “Son of God” if that is all we are able to do in the midst of the battle. He hears and He comes and he runs. he cannot be in the presence of Him and worship brings us into the presence of Him.

Craig June 3, 2011 at 6:03 pm

that is true, Michelle, not only the same old bag of tricks he uses with the world – but the same old ones that have worked on us, on me, so often. And Amen, God inhabits praise. Sometimes the simplest prayer – the one word prayer – help – that’s all that needs to be said – and sometimes even less. Michelle, thank you, you always and so much. God bless you.

Rae June 3, 2011 at 8:21 am

One thing I’ve heard a lot is to “speak the truth in love” and this post is a good reminder that Love always speaks the Truth, even when it is a war-like truth.

Craig June 3, 2011 at 6:00 pm

first, you know how much I heart when you read me! And Amen, truth always in love – negative, critical, venomous voices are neither truth nor love. And it is so good to have Angels on our side – need to remember that – I need to remember that. Rae, God Bless you and keep you and yours – and thank you.

Layla Payton August 23, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Our minds can be like a broken record, skipping over the Voice of Truth who is singing to our soul. Setting that record straight can be so hard! But, oh! How lovely the music is, when we listen for that Voice.

Let us dance to the beat of our Father’s heart. There is no greater peace.

He says,
“Be still, and know that I am God;
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth.”
Ps. 46:10

Craig August 24, 2011 at 8:46 pm

for a carpenter’s kid you sure do write nice poetry in prose ツ thank you for this – and I had forgotten the chapter and verse of that verse – be still. I heart that verse. It is always a blessing to see you in my comment section Layla – it makes me smile – big. Thank you – and God bless and keep you.

Anastasia Thorson October 12, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Awesome.
I feel so lonely sometimes. It is good to know that there are those men and women from God who express what needs to be. For me, it isn’t just the negative inner voices. It can be the voices of family members, esp.(if not saved) or even fellow brethren on prayer groups creating mischief, out of jealousy. The Archangels and holy spirit do get angry when there is injustice and dissension… I was raised around unbelievers and now they are Buddhists. That whole ” peace and love and equality stuff” goes out the window when the holy spirit is around. They dont know how to handle it. You dont even have to be doing anything.Or say anything. They can FEEL the Jesus in you. And they are terrified. I get weird reactions from some people all the time since was a baby. And I dont even do anything. Except to be there. What Ive learned about the holy spirit is that when you receive Him and honestly do, you are not moved nor impressed by the ways of the world… Money does not impress me yet, it has come and gone. Does this shake me? No. For what was given is so more valuable than anything OF this world. Better than gold or silver. Money or none. New testament sayeth. And it is what is in our heart and He sees that. Thank You for helping me fight this strange battle with those few who really see and hear and are not of concern as to what others think. As long as it is from the holy dove, it can not be wrong. I, in the human sense have been wrong, but holy spirit never is* Thank You Jesus. Thank You Lord. Thank You Craig.

Craig October 12, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Anastasia, thank you. And I know well those voices of unbelievers – and I know well of how unbelievers can become terrified when they feel the Jesus in you. You put that very well. And Amen – about the Spirit – and the ways of the world – and I don’t seek riches – I’d like to be comfortable – but I want nothing more than I want God – NOTHING. Thank you very much, again, Anastasia – thank you – and God bless and keep you and each and every one of yours.