Love says thank you to God 1,000 times (#’s 358-380)

by Craig on June 13, 2011

Mondays are for gratitude…

source

# 358 … that there too many mysteries in Scripture, too many questions to be answered by one person in one lifetime. I can study from now until I can’t study any longer, and there will still be more uncovered treasures in Your Word that I won’t even have known existed.

# 359 … that this makes me sad – until I remember that I have unending time to dig into, and experience, and know, the forever unfolding myriad of mysteries that is You.

# 360 … that no one (read me) should ever puff up in pride over what they (read I) know. Because all that I see are only shadows, slivers of truth, simple enough for my little brain to hold.

# 361 … that if the shadows are unfathomably deep – that which casts the shadows must be infinitely deeper.

# 362 … that though I wish I hadn’t made so many mistakes in this life, I have one “never” mistake that I happily keep on making. (written with a tear – a good one)

# 363 … that You are my “never” mistake.

# 364 … that You see past the outside to our hearts.

# 365 … that there were times in my past when this was disconcerting, to say the least.

# 366 … that those times are past.

# 367 … that I neither need nor want any mask when I’m before You.

# 368 … that I increasingly, though imperfectly, neither need nor want masks before others.

# 369 … that this light, for so long hidden under a basket, and deservedly so, might now shine a little. (also written with a tear)

source

# 370 … that in all my tripping up and stumbling down You have never allowed me to be broken beyond repair.

# 371 … that You repair me.

# 372 … that I know You are here with me – right now.

# 373 … that in the stillness of nothing or the clutter of everything – You are here.

# 374 … that in the loneliness that sometimes weighs heavy – You. Are. Here. (and yes, one more tear – a bittersweet one).

# 375 … that although my heart has always longed to share my life with another…

source

it hasn’t for a very long time – but it constantly shares all of it – with You.

# 376 … that the thorn in my side, the ever present lack of restful sleep … I hate it – but it brings me to You.

# 377 … that the failures in my life, I hate them – but they bring me to You.

# 378 … that the oh too many heartbreaks I’ve had, I have hated all of them, each one just as intense as the last – since I have known You, they have all brought me …  to You.

# 379… that fears and insecurities still nip at my heels, I hate them – but You have taught me to bring them to You.

# 380 … that I know I can bring everything … to You.

I heart that I get to link today with other thank you listers…

Kristin June 13, 2011 at 8:38 am

I’m so glad you took that light from under the basket:) And may I pray for you to start having restful sleep? And I too, am so thankful that we can bring anything, bring it ALL to Him! Thank you Lord!
Loved your list. May you find many more in the coming week:)

Craig June 13, 2011 at 10:13 am

Kristin, first of all thank you. I heart that you read me. Second – the light has always been there – I’ve even tried to let it out myself before. Sadly it wasn’t until a whole hornets’ nest full of pride was exterminated that I think our Lord has lifted the basket.

And about the sleep thing – of course I’d heart it if you prayed – I’d much rather things be normal – and have more usable hours in the day. Thank you – although if this doesn’t heal – and there is never a cure – the thorn serves a purpose – and I’m thankful for the thorn.

God bless you Kristin – and God bless all of yours today.

Christina June 13, 2011 at 10:08 am

Such beautiful truths! It’s what we cling to when we come to the end of ourselves. One thing we all have incommon–brokenness and the grace of Christ which puts us back together. Thank you for this post!

Craig June 13, 2011 at 10:17 am

“broken-ness” – I agree with you – lots. Our whole church – God’ whole church is all full of broken people, and led by broken people, and a waiting home for so many more broken people. That’s a lot of broken people! And yet we all walk around as if we’re not. Sad. That’s not love. We don’t love good enough – bless His heart for Grace.

God bless you Christina – and God bless each and every one of yours today.

Kris June 13, 2011 at 11:09 am

375. gave me a lump in my throat. Well, really, this whole list did. Such a tremendous list of grace, Craig. Thank God we can bring everything to Him…

Craig June 13, 2011 at 11:54 am

thank you Kris, thank you. And the list? It’s HIS list of grace – I just plagiarized :-) and it really is to him – FIRST – that we should take stuff to. No? Bless you Kris. And thank you.

Elizabeth June 13, 2011 at 11:56 am

I find in my gratitude list a lack of the “hard eucharisteo” that I find here. He is dealing with me to thank Him for, not just the obvious grace gifts in my life, but for the things that are my thorn in the flesh that drive me to Him. Bless you Craig!

Craig June 13, 2011 at 12:01 pm

you know what, Elizabeth? I think maybe this might be a real key. The “hard hallelujah”. Ann says if we only thank him for the good things were miscounting. We have to – I have to – thank him for everything – because his hand allows everything – the good for the obvious joy it brings – the mundane because it has to be done and it’s better done with Him – even the not so good, because he works good things through it. Thank you Elizabeth. And God bless you and each and every one of yours.

Kris June 13, 2011 at 11:57 am

Definitely HIS grace and the only place worth laying it down is at his feet. He never fails. And can I just say how happy I am to not be drifting around in the dreaded spam folder 😉 God’s good blessings to you, Craig! Always Alleluia!!

Craig June 13, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Ahhhh, but Kris, remember I have two blogs. This means that you’re not drifting on Love – the question is – the next time your Lutheran heart meanders over to my study about “works” being daisies on Scripture – will you get lost therehimr? Until I see a comment actually make it through over there – I’m not counting chickens :-) God bless you Kris. Always Alleluia!

Kris June 13, 2011 at 12:18 pm

ahh, yes, that’s true. Ad just as soon as my Lutheran heart has five minutes, I will go and see what is happening at your other blog… I am curious what you say and have a feeling that I probably agree with you, you see, I grew up in the Catholic church, found my way to the Episcopal church, then worshiped at an Anglican church, and eventually settled in the Lutheran church with my husband. I am a mutt. Bottom line for me, is it supported scripturally… if it is, then I am at peace 😉

Grace Walker June 13, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Hey Craig,
good list as always. Here’s a question, have you tried staying off of the computer after say, 8 pm? I have found, and studies have proven, that putting yourself in front of the computer has a way of resetting your clock and keeping you awake. It’s a mistake I make way too often! Good rest is SO important, besides, if you aren’t sleeping then God can’t speak to you in dreams….

Craig June 13, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Grace, first thank you – as always. second – thank you for your concern about the “sleep thing” – at this point I’ve tried pretty much everything. But that’s what this big community is about – connecting – helping. So thank you for that and if you come up with any other ideas I’m all game. I watch very little TV – and I’m on my computer mostly during the daylight hours – except for the predawn hours – I actually head for bed at around 830 every night – start writing my posts around two or 3 AM for both blogs – finish around eight or 9 AM. in between sunrise happens. I am on the computer a lot – but it kind of can’t be avoided. I’m following a dream, and the dream involves the keyboard and the screen. Again thank you for your kind words – and also thank you for your really gracious concern. God bless you Grace.

donna rae June 13, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I love visiting you here, Craig. The Center of your heart is ever-present, in each gift listed. You share God’s story, not yours. I am grateful for your faithfulness.

Craig June 13, 2011 at 5:20 pm

thank you Donna Rae, thank you. He really is the center of my heart – he really is ever present. I’m not a man with a lot of things – a lot of accumulations – wealth – but I have a lot of Him. He is my center – he is my air – And I’m no more faithful than any believer – but thank you for the kind words. And God bless and keep you and each of yours.

Emilie June 13, 2011 at 5:44 pm

370-4… those are my favorite. thanks for the reminder that He’s here even in loneliness… i needed it. in this new season, as exciting as it is, i’m also leaving again–home, family, friends–and it’s feeling a little bittersweet and empty and lonely right now. i’ll make new friends… i’ll have a new home… and He’ll always be there, and i needed to be reminded. thanks.

Craig June 14, 2011 at 12:24 pm

I want you to know that I just prayed for you Emilie – for this transition time – leaving where you’re familiar – and on this new road – a little like being rushed into kindergarten – and crying – and being told “don’t worry, you’ll find new friends” – I get it. And HE IS always there. Thank you Emilie – and God bless you.

Emilie June 15, 2011 at 4:21 pm

thank you, craig… i appreciate it so much. i have a prayer request, if you don’t mind… since i know you pray for us readers quite a bit. :) i’m here at training now… and i just called home this afternoon and found out that my horse died last week while i was gone. i wrote about her here (http://emilievinson.blogspot.com/2011/06/when-dreams-change.html)… and i knew this would come eventually… but didn’t expect it to be during this week, and it was a bit of a blind side. so yes, pray for me, please… as much as i know this is where God wants me, it has been an overwhelming week. :)

Craig June 15, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Oh what a beautiful pony – an Arabian – I’ve always loved Arabian horses – so beautiful. Look at those eyes! That’s a horse that knew things! I truly know how much your heart is breaking – and I will pray for your breaking heart – I already have – and I will again. So much new and different happening now – and it’s already lonely for you – and it breaks my heart that THIS piece of your heart is now missing. Emily it’s an honor to pray for you – thank you for telling me this. I left a comment, by the way , over on your site. God bless Emilie !

Emilie June 16, 2011 at 10:58 pm

thanks, my friend. i do appreciate it so much!

Debbie June 14, 2011 at 12:49 am

Loved . . .that You repair me. <3 Thank you for all of these, Craig! They brings tears here too. And prayers. God bless you and all the ways you glorify Him!

Craig June 14, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I hearted that one too Debbie. He does fix – or sometimes just reassemble shattered pieces. And thank you for your encouragement as always – I’m giving it my best shot. God bless you Debbie.

Katina June 14, 2011 at 5:09 am

Oh Craig! I loved this! Fear and insecurity nip at my heels too! I don’t get enough restful sleep either but mine is because of being busy!!! This helped me remember my source!

Craig June 14, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Katina, thank you, really, thank you. Fear and insecurity and the negative voices that hold us back – I’ve been writing a lot about that recently – it’s time for them to go! And you don’t get enough sleep because you’re a loving mom – that’s why! I’m glad we share the same source. God bless and keep you Katina – and thank you.

A. June 14, 2011 at 9:13 am

372-374….and loneliness can happen in the midst of being with people who don’t understand or who view life very, very differently in key respects.

Praying for Him to richly bless you in light of all you have shared.

Mari June 18, 2011 at 8:51 pm

the “never” mistake… just love that =)

Craig June 19, 2011 at 7:46 pm

first of all, Mari, was your site down last week? I came by a bunch of times and got this weird “site not available” message – I just clicked on your name in the comment and it brought me right to your site and it looks just fine –hmmmmmmm – anyway I can’t tell you how glad I am to see your name here because I heart reading your words – and I’m always grateful when you comment – I heart having you read me – and I was a little worried.

And Our Lord – Amen – my never mistake. God bless you Mari!

Mari June 19, 2011 at 8:22 pm

It was! (technical difficulties…lol)