Love says thank you 1,000 times (#’s 381- 400)

by Craig on June 20, 2011

source

# 381 … that heaven will never be uninteresting, uneventful, or uninspiring.

# 382 … for this new habit of intentionally listing thank you’s for Your Mercies ever new – even the horrid little crucibles of life. I heart this new habit.

# 383 … that You are so impossibly forgiving and loving.

# 384 … that although it’s not quite the love of a mom – which is the love that I have come to believe is the closest love on the planet to Your love – You have given me a protective love for my sister that seems to knows no bounds.

# 385 … that this love You have allowed me to experience – it leads me right back to Your heart – to Your love, to You.

# 386 … that I am the age that I am – many years behind on the road – still many years ahead, if it be Your will – and the vantage point that it lends me to see how generations fall together and create timelines and history.

# 387 … that this human experience each of us goes through is shared, regardless of time, place, or station in life.

# 388 … that though we are all the same, we’re all different.

# 389 … that though some lives are longer – and some shorter – really all earthly lifetimes are fleeting (James 4:13-14).

# 390 … that because of You, our earthly lifetimes are only the preface to a forever long book …

… filled with an infinite number of blissful chapters.

# 391 … that we are the only beings in the universe who intentionally weave our own lives with eternal fabric provided by You. Whether woven with threads purchased, borrowed, or imagined – we are the only things in the universe that can do this.

# 392 … that giving thanks to You for the life that is woven is a purpose of our heart – placed there by You – but still an action we can either choose to live out or ignore.

# 393 … that I am reminded by Ann not to ignore it – but rather by choosing to be thankful, there is a more abundant life.

# 394 … that by loving me first, you have made it possible for me to love You.

# 395 … that the ginormous spider I captured and imprisoned in tupperware yesterday didn’t devour me alive.

# 396 … that tupperware is reliable, so the spider will not escape and devour me alive while I am determining what to do with it – and that love kitties don’t know how to open tupperware.

at least here’s hoping…

# 397 … And that tupperware is clear so that I know it’s still imprisoned – without opening the tupperware – and it can’t devour me alive – even though I can see his spidery fangs just waiting for the chance.

# 398 … for spiders (?)

# 399 … that of all the things we have to worry about as humans – one of them generally is, that unlike practically every animal on the planet, we don’t have to be worried about being devoured alive.

#400 … for this weekly linky that motivates me to be thankful … and to not stop counting… and gives me tons of thank you lists to gleefully read …

Cora June 20, 2011 at 9:25 am

Craig, the greatest thing about coming over to your blogs is the fact that I always know you are a real person with feet on the ground and you live in a real world with spiders and with a kitty who is also real and does what kitties do. My only unrealistic problem with your spider episode is how you got the spider into the tupperware container!!!!! I would not have gotten anywhere near it. I have been known to grab the first spray can (which at one time was gold spray paint) and empty that can out on the intruder. It made an interesting silouette on the wall, to say the least.

I that you compared your life here on earth to a book. I’ve thought a lot about that lately — pages written — sometimes by me, sometimes by HIM. And here is today, a blank page. . . . .

Craig June 20, 2011 at 10:44 am

I’m sensing up potential post in this – so I won’t let out too many details – suffice to say I was incredibly brave. God bless you Cora

Craig June 20, 2011 at 10:45 am

no hee wuz not! i saw hole thing! hee wuz skayred babee! i laffd!! from laska the luv kity ^.^

Dawn June 20, 2011 at 10:35 am

Dear Craig,

I loved # 383 He is IMPOSSIBLY forgiving and loving. I know how impossible who He is and what He does is because I go out (into my fresh blank page per Cora) to be it and to do it every day and I don’t even make it one hour most days.

Just wonderin’ …. Are you afraid of spiders?

Smiling here and full of praise,

Craig June 20, 2011 at 10:50 am

am I afraid of spiders?

Spiders, I think, were not part of God’s original creation design. They’re gross, mean, sneaky, bloodsuckers, and did I say they’re gross yet?!

He’s still trapped in the Tupperware – Laska thinks it’s a great toy – so long as it remains inside – AND – it’s a brown recluse spider – so it actually is dangerous pppthththttthhhtppppthththhhttptppphhhhhh!!!! :)

Kris June 20, 2011 at 10:38 am

What a list! Beautiful and fun and so heartfelt. You are not afraid of spiders are you?! These spider-blessings made me laugh. Thank you for this ray of sunshine and thank you for blessing us all with your heart and humor. Keep counting, after all, Always Alleluia!

Craig June 20, 2011 at 10:55 am

YES!!!! What possible use could there have been for spiders in God’s original creation design? They are ugly – hairy – overly fangy – scary – horrid little things – except this one was absolutely huge. It was much bigger before I took the picture – really! God bless you Kris – always alleluia – and they’re gross too.

…and scary.

… and gross!

Southern Gal June 20, 2011 at 10:59 am

I was loving your list and your views on heaven, eternal life and then…I got to the picture of the spider! You should put a warning for us arachnophobes!! Ack! I’m like the girl in that commercial of the guy killing the phone with the spider picture while she screams hysterically in the background. Yep, that’s me.

Craig June 20, 2011 at 11:06 am

I admit, I run from them in abject horror too. But if you don’t get them – God knows where they’ll hide – and God knows what they’ll do once you close your eyes! Gah – I have absolutely no use in my life for spiders – no use! And, by the way, there will be NO SPIDERS IN HEAVEN! God bless you – and thank you – and as I said to other people in the comments – the spider was much bigger before I took the picture.

Elizabeth June 20, 2011 at 11:07 am

Weaving our life with eternal fabric provided by God…my favorite!

Craig June 20, 2011 at 11:13 am

We really are special – the whole universe just spins and whirs from galaxies to atoms – all of it by design – but none of it like us. I truly think that Our Lord made the whole universe just to make one little blue planet to put us on, so that we could be loved by him, and we could love him and love others. He is the eternal fabric with which our lives are woven. Thank you Elizabeth, and God bless and keep you!

Christina June 20, 2011 at 11:30 am

Wonderful list as always. You have a great heart, always pointing us to our Maker and Savior. My only issue–don’t think I could ever be grateful for spiders:) Just saying.

Craig June 20, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Christina, about not being grateful for spiders – that’s why I put a question mark next to that one – because I’m with you.

And it’s the thank you’s to point toward God – they get all the credit – I just write them down.

Spiders, by the way, are NOT in heaven – maybe I’ll write a post on that sometime over on the other blog :-) God bless you Christina – and thank you as always.

Erin @ Wild Whispers June 20, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Craig, Kate found a little spider on the wall this afternoon and watched it for a full five minutes. No tupperware. Mommy, on the other hand, kept her distance. I am so glad this practice of listing thanks is becoming a habit for you. This is a GREAT list!

Craig June 20, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Such a brave girl! Laska the love Kitty is the same way – he played himself to sleep with the Tupperware that was imprisoning the spider – literally – until his eyes wouldn’t stay open anymore. Thank you Erin, and God bless and keep you and your little spider watcher!

Kristin June 20, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I’m with Southern GAL, was thorougly enjoying your list until the spider entries. . .needless to say, I’m not to fond of them. I’m curious why you put it in the tupperware and didn’t squish it with your shoe!?
I love your humor too! If you’re going to write about spiders, might as well be humorous! :)
Make sure the lid snapped tight!
By the way, #387. . .I’m so glad and thankful to be able to share and others share there life here. I’ve made so many wonderful friends through sharing in the blogoshpere. . .thank you for being one of them!

Craig June 20, 2011 at 3:32 pm

There may just be a post in this somewhere – the wheels are turning …

I didn’t smush him because a) he was to enormous – much bigger before I took the picture b) he would’ve made a blotch on the white wall c) it would’ve meant I would’ve had to get very close to him – I wanted to keep a little bit of distance, and d) I need to save him and show him to the bug guy – he’s not a typical spider – I think he’s a brown recluse – I want the bug guy to be very serious about this – I may be a big baby when it comes to spiders – but I’m a smart big baby. Plus Laska the love Kitty is enjoying his new toy – tucked safely inside the Tupperware – snapped tight!! I might be adding duct tape to it – just to make sure.

And, oh, yeah, number 387 – thank you – but now more about the spider… :-) God bless you Kristin!!

Glenna June 20, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Craig,
I loved your thankfulness so much to be thankful for ………….its unending

this spoke to me so much ……………that GOD loves me ……………………

Craig June 20, 2011 at 3:36 pm

unending…………….. ƪ(◠‿◠)╯ …………… a very cleverly worded reference back to the post – that’s a writer-ish kind of thing to do. I’m guessing that you write sometimes (◠‿◠).

Anyway, thank you Glenna, one of the things I heart most about love is that it leads us back – through his love – to his love. Thank you for being so gracious – God bless you!

Rachelle June 20, 2011 at 4:34 pm

The spider blessings and photo really made me smile. Hungary seems to be the land of spiders – I’m always getting these small black spiders in my apartment, but thankfully! they aren’t poisonous and my cats are really quite helpful. They catch (and eat them) for me so I rarely have to deal with them myself. I’ve even seen Finn, my white cat, standing on his back legs on top of the fridge trying to reach a spider on the ceiling. So I’m thankful for cats who eat spiders. :)

I also loved #394. Isn’t His love so amazing! So much grace that while we were yet caught in the web of sin and deceit…He loved us first…loved us and set us free to love

Craig June 20, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Laska the love Kitty would be good at this – he already thinks it’s a play toy – the little crawly thing inside the Tupperware = great joy. The problem is – I think this one is poisonous – I’m saving it to show the bug guy. He’s still in the Tupperware. The spider, that is.

And Amen, number 394 – it took a while for me to understand this as a Christian – that we couldn’t love God unless he had loved us first – I get it now – the circle of love starts with LOVE.

God bless you Rachelle – and God bless your brave and amazing spider eating cats ^.^