luv iz humbul – gest post bi laska th luv kitty

by Craig on July 6, 2011

I m soopereeor kat

i rite blogz

an I klime vary big playsez

on top uv brown thing

(that iz seeling abuv me – vary hi in ayr)

on top of skware things with things inside

I m soopeereeor kat

I jump vary far

thayre iz no kat lyke me

menee tymz ago kreg sez to laska

u r not humbul

I think yes – iz tru

I m not humbul

I m laska

hu iz humbul I wundur?

du I no humbul?

wen I doent unerstan kreg I jus preeten  he duzent sey wurds

or I jus walk away

kreg sez – see wut i meen?

i think – wutever!

but he duz maykes me think

so wen i m owtsyd think

an I see othur litel thingz – they are les then mee so I hunting them

I m lyk king of world – they r smawl an I m betur

agen kreg sez I m not humbul

an so I think he meenz a thing

lyke I m tall kat

or I m brayve kat not afraid of spydurz

so I think abowt wut humbul iz moor

kreg telz me wurdz but I wil lern myself

I wuz wun hu teld kreg put spydur in tupurware an I will du speriment

an I think spydurz iz humbul

spydurz wantz hyding all tymz

spydur is less then mee

he is smawl an I m vary big tu him

he is skayerd of me

I m betur then spydur

an he braykes – hiz leg kayme off all by self

kreg sez maybe this is wi

i think spydur is jus less, he is deefectiv…

maybee that iz wi hee iz humbul

i maybee wud bee vary humbul if mi legz fel off fore no reezun

Kreg took spydur awey

but I lernd aneeway – humbul is to no u r litul
an spydur thinks I m more an he iz les

an maybee tu no ur legz fall off tu eezee

maybe that is humbul

but spyder wuz skayred

is humbul skayred?

an I remember I have voysez that skayre mee

the storee of skayree voysez I rote here

iz sad store – but litel funee – go reed storee!

sinse that storee I m skayred of owtside for some tymz

but i wunderz…

humbul iz skayred – lyk wen i heer voysez?

iz that rite?

humbul is skayred?

I must think moor

I wil hav ansur next wenzday fore wen I post agen fore an vozkampz wauk with him wenzday

an emilee at impurrfikt prowz (but i m not impurrfikt)

here iz pikchurz

Michelle July 6, 2011 at 7:38 am

“but I lernd aneeway – humbul is to no u r litul” – u r rite laska, humbul is to no u r litul, but humbul is not skayred. juz to no u r litul. an ur legz don fall off!

an u r rite – thayre iz no kat lyke laska

Craig July 6, 2011 at 1:51 pm

yes thayre iz no kat lyke laska – um – wate- that iz not humbul – roolz r kunfyoozing – ok – i meen thaynk u

Cora July 6, 2011 at 9:06 am

Laska, i hav hard tym with humbul, 2. Sumtyms, voysez, beeing skayred, crowching lo and duing the creeping theeng luks lyke humbul. i am big an uthrs r lituler than me but eye still do creepy crawly skayred stuff cuz they better an can du stuff better than me. An eye disgree with Michelle — legz mite fall off! Feels lyke it sumtymes wen eye git al nurvuz an skayred an legz git week an wobblee.

Luv U, laska. U good teecher!

Craig July 6, 2011 at 1:54 pm

du not bee skayred cora – tayke voysez wun at a tyme – kreg helpz mee with myn an i now go owtside – not vary far but i go. an i m betr then spydur – my legs downt fal off.

A. July 6, 2011 at 10:35 am

Laska, fourgiv mee i cee funnee pikchurz n mi brayn when i reed sumtymz-weull-lotz uv timz-an i had tu puwl ovr an laff an laff at thot uv legz kummng off bi themselvz!!!!!

Seryuslee….i theenk humbul is sneke-humminz kan tend tu theenk thay r humbul when thay r juz beeng smug or sumthng lik prid maybee. i shud not say huminz. i shud say A. It hurtz to say A. tho bekuz I don like tu hav to admitt somtimz mi rottun spotz. Im lik old bunanuh-hav rottun spotz!

So…A. wil b bak fore moor lurneeng bowt humbul. An I ugree with Michelle-theyr iz no kat lik u. An a hint: when u hav tu heer lotz uv komplimintz: get hed klamp. will keep yore hed same syze-wont let it get biggyr.

Craig July 6, 2011 at 1:57 pm

THEY DID KOM OFF BY THAYRSELVZ – THEY DID!

i wuz jus luking at spydur – an leg jus fals off

mi hed wil alwayz be purfict syz – i hope u tu – an peepulz shud not preeten tu be humbul

bi A. – ur laskish iz geting betr

Anna July 6, 2011 at 1:16 pm

You’re quite an expert at Laska-language.:) I had to read it very slowly to understand it but I thank Laska and you for such a delightful post. I, too, need more time to think about this topic, I find it a challenge to write about, hence no post for Ann’s today. But I like your thoughts so far, to know we are little. Blessings on your day!

Craig July 6, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Anna, thank you, the language is actually called Laskish – and it takes a long time to write. The “gest postz” take longer than regular posts to write (◠‿◠). And I’m with you, it’s not an easy topic to write about, thankfully Laska will be writing next week’s post as well (◠‿◠) – oh wait – darn!

Dawn July 6, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Dear Laska,

You made me think about being humble by saying what it was not. That was very helpful. I look forward to next Wednesday when you finish. What struck me most today was this:

wen I doent unerstan kreg I jus preeten he duzent sey wurds

or I jus walk away

I do the exact same thing when I can’t hear someone. Wearing two hearing aids most of my life, I missed a lot. Before I got them, though, I probably missed more than I got. What DOES one do when you don’t know what’s going on? I’d pretend or walk away, neither is a good choice so I hope to hear that you find out what humble is. I’m sure I don’t know or I’d tell you.

Oh, by the way, not hearing well has been a blessing to Sebastian, my oldest and littlest muttly. He is now deaf (Cora helped me diagnose him) and I know just what he needs so he doesn’t miss anything. God is good, even when I don’t understand Him.

Love you, Cat!

Craig July 6, 2011 at 2:06 pm

wut du u mene by u lern wen i sey wut humbul iz not – i – oh – yes – i see a litel. how sumwun smart u haz dogz?

i am sad ur mutly has no earz – it iz gud u luv him. bi dawn.

o

an thaynk u

Christina July 6, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Love to hear from the kitty again:) Humility is so hard to write about, even harder to live. Thanks for your wise words as ever.

Craig July 6, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Christina, as Dawn noted in one of the earlier comments, it’s sometimes easier to “get” humility by working backwards from thinking about pride. That’s The Way, Laska is doing it – and sadly it’s the way I learned as well. Any humility I might have now is a direct result of the pride being smooshed out. God is good! Thank you Christina, and God bless and keep you.

Rie July 6, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Ok, Craig, I won’t even try the talk.

So – in plain human English – thank you.

“When I don’t understand I just pretend He doesn’t say words. Or just walk away.”

I do that to my God and I am humbled by your reminder.

It’s really good to be back, Rie

Craig July 6, 2011 at 2:58 pm

oh my! I didn’t even understand the spiritual ramifications of that line when I wrote it – I mean Laska didn’t when HE wrote it (◠‿◠). Amen Rie, that could be a whole post couldn’t it? When we don’t understand God – we pretend he didn’t say what he did – or we walk away. That. Is. Profound. Awesome catch Rie. Thank you for that. God bless you and all of yours Rie!

misty July 7, 2011 at 1:10 am

oh yes, it could be a whole post in its own right.

Linda July 6, 2011 at 4:21 pm

What a sweet post. Such a wise cat? So much to learn. Hey, even pets can teachs us a thing or two!

Craig July 6, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Linda, I read so many blogs of moms – and how they learn through their children. I don’t have any children – I have the love Kitty – and so I learn some things about God – and about life – through him. The moms tell their stories of their kids – I tell my stories – or rather Laska tells HIS stories – and I know that, at least I, learn from them. Thank you very much for your kind words Linda, and God bless you.

Linda July 6, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I know the feeling. I have no kids yet. Some recent posts on my blog tell how I learned from God and felt God through my pet in the time of my parent’s divorce and other difficult times. Pets are so God-send! :) They are a true blessing!

Cindy July 6, 2011 at 4:52 pm

This is the first time I have read your words, Laska…I like your accent! I think you would like my kitty, Figaro. She also pretends that she doesn’t hear me sometimes…and I think she also doesn’t know about what humble is…it is good your person loves you and tells you things that everyone needs to know, and then you tell us things about yourself and when you do it helps me understand lots of stuff. I don’t think I can spell as good as you, tho’ – did you go to cat school to learn that?

Blessings on your day (and night) and hunting if you do that…keep being good to your person – I can tell he really likes you!

Craig July 6, 2011 at 5:50 pm

thaynk u cindy

i speek an rite in Laskish – al luv kityz no Laskish – sum peepulz too. o – an hav tu tel u kity seecrit – figaro reelee duzent heer u – itz not preetend – wen we kityz ignoor – we reely ignoor – we reely downt heer – jus sayin

thaynk u fore blesingz – i hart kreg – he iz nise – u r nise too.

alittlebitograce July 6, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I loved both the pictures and the voice it was written. I’m sure the spider’s leg fell off “all by itself”. 😀

Craig July 7, 2011 at 1:09 pm

All I know is the story that was told to me (◠‿◠) he said he was just sitting there, just looking at the spider, and the leg just fell off – and that he is sure the spider must be defective – and maybe we needed a new one, because “this is a stupid spider”. That’s the story – I’m just repeating it (◠‿◠) God Bless you – and thank you.

misty July 7, 2011 at 1:17 am

craig, i’ve enjoyed your insights in this space before, but i have to say i was just struck by the above comment/thought about walking away or pretending we don’t hear, and of course the noted spiritual ramifications. your wise little kitteh. 😉 and as a word nerd, i like the lessons you learn in reverse: what something is by what it’s not–it’s so telling!!!
i hope laska doesn’t mind hearing from a dog people. well, we do have mia, but i’m not hers. she was mr right’s long before i was mrs. and well, i think she’s aware of my dog lover status.

Craig July 7, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Amen Misty! I heart my comments – I learn so much from my comments! The wisdom of all of us is greater than the wisdom of anyone. I never once thought about the spiritual ramifications of the “walking away” – Rie got it – not me. It’s an astounding thought.

I’ve noticed some other people, who have said that writing on the subject of humility is difficult. It gets a whole lot easier when you write it inside out – from the viewpoint of pride. Thank you for catching onto that strategy – I think Laska was wise in choosing that route (◠‿◠).

As for dogs – Laska does have room in his heart for the dogs of some of my friends – he calls them “mutlies” – and since he already knows a baby named Mia – if you want him to be – he has informed me that Mia the mutly is okay. God bless you Misty, and thank you very much.

suzy July 7, 2011 at 5:15 am

Heeheee I nearly fell off my chair.
Fabulous post! Fabulous Laska!
But seriously this was tender, thoughtful and thought provoking…
We can learn more from our animal friends than we realise.
I read a quote about humility once and it has always resonated with me.
“Humility is truthfullness”
Honesty with ourselves, others and God about who we really are.

Craig July 7, 2011 at 1:25 pm

thank you Suzy, thank you. And I love that quote about humility – it’s true – humility doesn’t lie – unless of course it’s false humility, which is a lie to begin with – so I guess we have to say that “real” humility is truthfulness (◠‿◠) and I heart what you wrote, “When we can learn to love the truth, imperfect as it may be, about ourselves we can begin to love the imperfect truth of others too.” – heart that a lot! Thank you again – your comment was full of awesome! God Bless you and all of yours!

Lauren July 7, 2011 at 8:23 pm

this is too funny!!! I love all the pictures and the kitty language! We have two cats… so I understood perfectly! :) Thank you for the wonderful lesson!

Craig July 8, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Lauren, first let me apologize for taking so long to get back to your kind comment. Busy – sorry. And I think having a cat – or at least a pet is really needed to understand what I write – I mean what Laska the love kitty writes (◠‿◠). thank you for getting it – thank you for reading – and God bless and keep you and yours!

imperfect prose July 7, 2011 at 8:48 pm

wow, this is talent :) and what a wise cat… bless you craig.

Craig July 8, 2011 at 6:00 pm

writing in “Laskish” is definitely an acquired art. You have your baby – you get to learn lessons about God from him – I have Laska the love Kitty – so I get to learn lessons about God from him. God bless you Emily – and thank you.

Miz Liz July 8, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Please don’t make me choose: Wise Kitty, Speak-the-Truth Craig, or all the Teaching Commenters. WOW! Love all the fun and learning–except having to face how I all too often just walk away. *sigh* Funny how God shows me my next “need to know” through powerful words of my cyber friends.
Blessings on all of you! Liz

Craig July 8, 2011 at 6:03 pm

I can’t believe everybody got the spiritual lesson of “walking away” – everyone except the author – or rather – the authors owner (◠‿◠). And the comment section – that’s such a sweet part of blogging – it’s what makes it different. I think, I research, I learne, I write – and then I get to learn all over again by reading the comments and “talking” with everybody. Hope all is well Liz – and God bless you!

Debbie July 10, 2011 at 1:38 am

Just finally getting here and appreciating Laska wondering who humble was because he is Laska. And the spider being humble because his legs fall off. Laska . . .you are such an amazing kitty. :)
and the amazing spiritual lesson you showed us too? It’s hard to be humble with all of that going on. :)
God bless you and thank you for all the hard stuff you make look easy here!