Love says thank you to God 1,000 times (#516-525)

by Craig on August 29, 2011

source

#516 …that You don’t make it difficult to talk to You. You could. You could make the path to You truly arduous. You could require an impossible degree of purity, a million correct steps, endless preparation. Perfection has every right to demand that.

#517 … for the simple fact that You’re so far above me, You could use that to make me afraid to talk to You. But You don’t.

#518 … that to talk to You, the Creator and Sustainer of the whole universe, I just have to stop what I’m doing and speak…

and not even that…
I could just think…

and not even that…
I could just feel…

and You’d get it.

#519 … that you are so easy to be with, so nice to have around.

#520 … that because I mess up so often, You could make it a dreadful thing to talk to You. But I never have to dread it.

#521 … that the only time I want to hide from You is when I feel like I’ve let You down. Like Adam and Eve in the garden I run from You. But it’s precisely at that time when You say,”Come”.

And I’ve never done this in a thank You list before…
but I have to share these lyrics from an old Margaret Becker song.
I heart it to pieces…

source

So…

#522 … for this song, the way it makes me feel, and for saying what I want, better than I could….

What’s that I see you dragging up here. Is that for your atoning?
I know you’re sorry, I’ve seen your tears, you don’t have to show me.
What makes you think you must make that go away.
I forgot…
when I forgave.

You think you’ve crossed some sacred line and now I will ignore you.
If you look up, you will find, my heart is still toward you.
Look at the sky, the east to the west, that’s where I threw this
when you first confessed.

source

Let. It. Go. Now.

Just. come. in.
Just. leave. that. right. there.
Love does not care
Just. come. in.
Lay your heart. right. here.
You should never fear

I will forgive you no matter what you’ve done.
No matter how many times you turn and run.
I. love. you.
Wish. you’d. come.

#523 … that You have never done anything wrong. There is nothing to forgive You for.

#524 … that Your love doesn’t come with any catches. You do require me to love You back but that’s not a catch. That just makes sense. An unlimited love directed at me requires my imperfect love reflected back to You. That just. makes. sense.

#525 … that You are up front about everything, there is no fine print.

Thankfully, and I mean it…

thankfully linking up with Ann…

and other Grace chasers today for …

Maria @ Linen & Verbena August 29, 2011 at 8:14 am

I love this list! It is so open and honest. I think my favorite one (and I ♥ them all) is the last one. He is upfront about everything…no hidden agendas. Thank you for sharing, Craig.

Craig August 29, 2011 at 11:38 am

… And that’s just one more good thing about HIM – the deeper you look – the better he gets. Thank you Maria – and I ღ your ♥ btw ツ – God bless and keep you

A. August 29, 2011 at 8:45 am

I heart this list, too, Craig. He is so easy to be with.

Craig August 29, 2011 at 11:40 am

and of course, first, A. I heart your use of heart as a verb – makes me happy ツ and like I said in the list – the only times he is not easy to be with – the problem is me – not him. God bless you A.!

Terri August 29, 2011 at 9:21 am

Craig, I love your list today. It is a wonderful reminder to me of all God’s blessings!

Craig August 29, 2011 at 11:40 am

thank you Terri, that’s why we write these things. No? To keep in the front of our heads and hearts how blessed we are. Thank you again, and God bless and keep you.

Kelly August 29, 2011 at 9:26 am

love. no strings attached. no requirements. yes! hallelujah!

Craig August 29, 2011 at 11:43 am

no strings attached! Everybody loves – but most of the time the love comes with strings. He never has strings – no gimmicks – no quid pro quo – just love. Yes we need to be faithful, yes we need to believe, yes we need to love him back – but those are not conditions – that’s just love. We are made to love. So we love. No big. Just love ツ thank you Kelly – and God bless and keep you.

Erin @ Wild Whispers August 29, 2011 at 9:38 am

Hello Craig. It’s been a while since I posted a list online, but I am still slowly gathering thanks day by day. This is a wonderful list… thank you for sharing it!

Craig August 29, 2011 at 11:45 am

I know! I’ve missed them. Kinda missed you! ツand thank you for your kind words Erin – and I know we don’t need good things to happen to us in order to have a thank you list – or a grateful heart – but today – I hope good things happen to you. God bless and keep you Erin.

Elizabeth August 29, 2011 at 10:07 am

Hi Craig! Number 518 is my favorite…sometimes there just aren’t words to say what we feel, but our heart simply directed toward Him is prayer…LOVE that.

Craig August 29, 2011 at 11:48 am

oh, #518 – Amen! I remember reading one of the early church fathers – the guys who sat at the feet of the apostles – and he was talking about praying with too many words –” something like we only need one word – help. I guess I could add thanks, or gulp, or heart – used as a verb of course ツ but it is a really neat thing to not even have to say a word, or think the thought, just to feel – and he feels – and he hears. God is full of awesome! Thank you Elizabeth – and God bless and keep you today.

Cora August 29, 2011 at 10:08 am

Your list today just washed over me today. Thank you for that. And I just couldn’t get away from the words of that song you posted. I had to look it up and sat in awe as I listened. Thank you, Craig!!!!

Craig August 29, 2011 at 11:50 am

I so, so, so, so heart that song. I heart so many of her songs – the lyrics just cut right through. So real. So deep. heart heart heart heart heart heart heart! Thank you for the link – think I’ll just go listen for a few minutes. Heart heart heart heart heart heart heart! ツ God bless you Cora.

Danelle August 29, 2011 at 10:22 am

I never thought of God being “upfront” about everything, but who else is? We get it all from His Word. The sheer blessedness of His Word washes me new and tells me how the story will end while I am living my small part of it. Blessed assurance!

Craig August 29, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Danelle – neither did I until I spent a little time chatting – praying with God before this list – and during it. Sometimes I think we can get a true glimpse of God by knowing what he is not. He is not a schemer. And Amen! Blessed assurance! Thank you Danell – and God bless and keep you this day.

Kristin August 29, 2011 at 10:28 am

I heart, heart, heart this!!! We are so blessed to serve a loving, gracious, mighty God!

I think you’ll like seeing at my place today who else is serving a mighty God :)
I just can’t imagine any other kind of life.

Many more blessings to you

Craig August 29, 2011 at 12:48 pm

first, I heart your triple heart! Oh, and it’s followed by triple exclamation points. I can’t do better than that. We are blessed, we do serve, he is gracious, he is mighty. Many more blessings to you too Kristin.

Dawn August 29, 2011 at 10:50 am

Craig,

My favorite part? your closing “Linking up with Ann and other Grace chasers today…

Me, me…I am a Grace chaser!

Andrea Dawn August 29, 2011 at 11:27 am

Yes, Dawn, that closing remark about the “Grace chasers” was my favourite, too.
I was also smitten (in a positive sense) by #518 . . . not talking, not thinking, just feeling and He’d get it.

Chasing Grace with you all today, Andrea Dawn

Craig August 29, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Andrea Dawn, I heart #518 too! (ROM 8:26) it could very well be my most favorite thought about God in a while. (((( heart)))) anyway, thank you Andrea Dawn, and God bless and keep you.

Craig August 29, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I can’t remember where I got that from – but I heart it too – it was originally “God chasers” – and then I edited it to “grace chaser” – it rhymes – rhyming is good, right? And I do believe that this is the first time that someone has ever picked something not of my thank you list as their favorite thank you item. Hmmmmmm. ツ God bless you Dawn.

Cora August 29, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I think if I were just starting a blog, I’d call it “Notes from a Grace Chaser.” I just love that!!!!! Even when I was trying so hard to follow all the rules, the depth of my heart was really chasing after grace! How cool!

Craig August 29, 2011 at 2:16 pm

(ˆ◡ˆ) – but really – I have to make it clear that I did not – DID NOT – invent the term. ツ

Lisa notes... August 29, 2011 at 11:17 am

I love # 516 the most. So thankful that God makes it SO ridiculously easy for us to talk to him—just think a thought, and poof—we’re in a conversation.

A fellow Grace-chaser. (Love that!)

Craig August 29, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I’m glad, I’m really glad, to be a fellow grace chaser with you Lisa. God is really, really, really nice. to make it possible for the imperfect to reach the perfect – the undeserving to gain favor – me – ME – to be loved by the one true God. I shudder. God bless you Lisa – and thank you.

Mama Zen August 29, 2011 at 11:21 am

I love this list!

Craig August 29, 2011 at 1:00 pm

(((((heart))))) thank you Kelli, God bless and keep you and all of yours!

tinuviel August 29, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Love your list this week! I like that your list is so clearly a prayer. That song is new to me, so thanks especially for that.

Also, thanks for your gracious comment at my place. I’m so thankful God blessed you with those thoughts on forgiveness!

Grace and peace to you in Christ, Craig. God grant you a lovely week.

Craig August 29, 2011 at 1:02 pm

the new song, by the way, I think it’s about 20 years old ツ and I heart reading your blog Christina! Grace and peace to you too, and I hope you have one of those really nice weeks.

amber's articles August 29, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Thank you for being the song I needed to hear today. Your list spoke directly to my heart and stirred the Spirit within me. Something I desperately need today.

Craig August 29, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Amber – makes me smile to know that what God shared with me – and I shared here – was a good thing for you. And, maybe it’s just because I read so many women, but I’m becoming a tiny bit more sensitive to words – so I got the feeling that a prayer would be a good thing for you – so I said one – hope you felt it – God bless and keep you today Amber. The prayer was about 1:05 central time ツ

Christina August 29, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Loving #516 and #525. He is pretty clear and upfront isn’t He? And yet we always seem suprised somehow as though He snuck something in without asking. So thankful for grace. Thanks for another great list.

Craig August 29, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I think I’ve found over time – and with much much age ツ that Our Lord Has always been up front with his gospel. But not just a few of the people relating that gospel message haven’t been so upfront. Either distorting it intentionally – or watering it down to make it more acceptable – either way it ends up with damaged Christians who are lucky to find a way to God. God is never that way – we are always the ones giving him the black eye. Thank you Christina – thank you for reading my lists ツ thank you for reading me ツ thank you ツ and God bless and keep you.

~ linda August 29, 2011 at 3:10 pm

How especially fine! The words speak oodles, Craig. Thanks for opening your heart to God and allowing us to see in.
Caring through Christ, ~ linda

Craig August 31, 2011 at 4:16 pm

first, Linda, I heart the word “oodles” – it makes me happy (ˆ◡ˆ). Second, thank you for being so nice – and third, about opening up my heart – I guess I’m a true blogger now – it’s getting easy to over share ツ God bless you Linda – and thank you.

Melanie August 29, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Beautiful!!!! I especially love “I could just feel… and You’d get it.” Many times, words will not even come, but He knows our hearts’ groanings. So thankful.

Blessings to you!
Melanie

Craig August 31, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Melanie, thank you.it’s not like this is the first time I had ever thought about just feeling – and God would still get the prayer. But it’s the first time I’ve ever written it. And as you know – it’s in the Bible. So it’s not a big secret. Still – it kind of feels like one doesn’t it?

And I’m sorry for being so late to reply to your comment – busy week – a little under the weather – no real sleep to speak of – lots of comments – all of that is excuse – the bottom line is – sorry (⌣˛⌣)

God bless you Melanie – and it’s truly nice to see you in my comment section – a blessing ツ

misty August 29, 2011 at 8:41 pm

~consider me gutted by this. or laid low under the weight of grace. what perfection ought and does “demand” of us are the same, w/ only one difference, the chasm crossed by jesus christ our saviour. amazing grace, how sweet the sound.

another grace chaser

Craig August 31, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Misty, first of all, I apologize for being so late reply to your comment – a little sick – a little sleepless – and a lot of comments – too much to do and not enough time – but you’re mom – you know the story already. The short of it is – I’m sorry.

And as for your words to me – I get them – I get them all – I was gutted as I wrote what I wrote. So we’re kindred spirits in that way ツ and Amen – how sweet the sound. From one grace chaser to another – God bless you – and thank you.

Janis@Open My Ears Lord August 30, 2011 at 12:59 am

To not feel dread when we talk to God even when we have sinned because He is wiped away our sins with His own blood.
Praise God,

Janis

Craig August 31, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Amen Janis – even when we’ve sinned – he still wants to talk to us even though we might shy away from him. God. Is. Nice. Praise God – and blessings to you!