Love says thank you to God 1,000 times (#’s 526-541)

by Craig on September 5, 2011

source

#526 … that You have never left me in my error – the mire of wrong decisions – the sludge of sadness, or setback – or the swale of neglecting the important things.

#527 … that You have always lifted me, and never once, even while disciplining me, never once deserted me.

#528 … that You have always picked me up after tripping. You have always turned me around when I was headed away from You.

#529 … that You do not change, so You will never stop catching me, finding me, drawing me to better and brighter.

#530 ... that even though I actually believe it sometimes, it makes no sense to think that suddenly You would stop.

#531 … that I heart when that which is lighter  and more heartening – makes much more sense than that which is wretched, grim and full of dismay.

#532 … that You speak soft, sweet, steady – when I am disquieted…

source

I only need to listen – to hear.

#533 ... that anything that happens, any misfortune, any mistake, or any malevolence only serves to make me more like You.

#534 … that fear of what frightens is natural – but You are above the natural, You order the natural – You are supernatural.

#535 … that You hold the reins secure on a heart that tends to faint; a heart that flinches, that wants always to run and hide, look back and not ahead, turn around and not advance. You lead it forward, turn its eyes, and settle its squalls.

#536 … that You don’t let go no matter how hard I pull against You. No matter how fast I head toward the cliff, You have always – and always will – pull perfectly hard enough on those reins to prevent any deadly descent.

#537 … that it’s never too late for a new season to begin. The clock will never stop ticking for we who love You. That 70 is young, and 50 just a babe, and 30 just a beginning,  in the hands of eternity – in Your hands – in truth – in light – in fact.

#538 … that the hurtful past need not repeat itself – but that new mercies will arise.

source

#539 … that the more of me I give to You the more of me there is to give.

#540 … that “happy” is a choice, a string held tight on both ends, heaven pulling up to bright, and blithe, and bliss – and not heaven – tugging furious and desperate toward bleak, and blue, and broken. And that I know which side is stronger, and which side is love, and which side loves me.

#541 …that I know Your voice, and when I follow it there is light through darkness, healing through hurt, faith through doubt.

Stefanie Brown September 5, 2011 at 8:54 am

I love and can relate to…
#526 … that You have never left me in my error, the mire of wrong decisions, the sludge of sadness, or setback, or the swale of oversight, or neglect of important things…
AND
#536 … that You don’t let go no matter how hard I pull against You, no matter how fast I head toward the cliff, You have always – and always will – pull perfectly hard enough on those reins to prevent any deadly descent.
Beautifully written…

Craig September 5, 2011 at 11:52 am

in that case, Stephanie, we have as much in common spiritually as I thought we did by reading your words. Thank you for being so kind, and God bless and keep you.

r.elliott September 5, 2011 at 9:05 am

Hi neighbor…stopping by from Ann’s…love #539
Blessings~

Craig September 5, 2011 at 11:56 am

hi back neighbor ツ thank you for stopping by – and #539 – it all boils down to more of him… less of me. I’ve known a long time – it took way too long to make it a real part of my life. Thank you again, and God bless and keep you – and I look forward to reading you – I’ll make the time very soon.

Cora September 5, 2011 at 9:13 am

Craig, I always love your lists on Mondays. But this one. . . . I just want to copy the whole thing for my own. If I have to pick, it would be #533. That anything (everything!) that happens to me serves only to make me more like You. Somehow, this takes all the “why’s?” out of my life, doesn’t it? Thank you for sharing this today. I’ll be pondering them for a while, I’m sure!

Craig September 5, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I have pondered long and hard how our God works out the whole predestination/freedom of choice thing. It’ll be a series on Deep into Scripture at some point – my short answer is that he works out both – while sacrificing neither. I find that incredible. As always Cora, thank you – and as always – God bless and keep you!

Carrie September 5, 2011 at 9:30 am

Once again, Craig, your words are uplifting and a balm to my heart. First connected with #529 – so comforting to know that He doesn’t change and I hope that my personal changes only bring me closer to Him. Then #s 535, 536 and 537. Loved them all. Thank you for sharing!

Craig September 5, 2011 at 1:33 pm

thank you Carrie, really, thank you. I’m just smiling – and don’t feel like typing much more than just thank you – thank you – I heart comments that make me smile – which, by the way is most of them – still, thank you for this particular smile on my face. God bless and keep you.

Christina September 5, 2011 at 10:10 am

Enjoyed your list today. So true! So thankful for 528. I trip everyday, multiple times, can’t imagine what life would be like without Him there to help me back up. Blessings to you!

Craig September 5, 2011 at 1:37 pm

oh, the tripping – the tripping – I hate the tripping – but like you I’m very familiar with it. And I just want to say that I’m so glad we have the same God backing both of us up. This thing about reading people’s blogs – you get to know people in a whole different way – a really nice way. I’m so glad our words crossed paths all those months ago. Because of the words that I’ve read of you – I know – without a single doubt – that we have the same backup plan. That makes me smile. God bless you Christina.

Elizabeth September 5, 2011 at 10:31 am

New mercies each morning are a truly wonderful, and necessary thing. God bless you Craig.

Craig September 5, 2011 at 6:47 pm

All my replies have to be short today this is cut and pasted in to save time – Laska the love kitty had a run in with a wasp, here are copies of his tweets from yesterday, “waspz is bad toy – I play an he maykz hurtingz for paw” and “I am sad – paw iz big” “kreg needz spending all tyms tu help mee – I wil blog abowt bad toy tumorow with wun pawz ownlee”

Thank you Elizabeth – mercies ever new yet never the same. keeping it short ツ God Bless.

Andrea Dawn September 5, 2011 at 10:32 am

Good morning . . . #537, #529 and #532 are my favourites this week, but #529 has always been a real anchor in my life . . . “You do not change”. When darkness and fear or feelings of abandonment and hopelessness swirl about me, I remember times of pure bliss and how I knew in my knower that He loved me, that He saw me and heard my words of love, that He delighted in me. I think about the countless times past when He has rescued me, settled my anxious heart, dried my tears and brought comfort. Then I remind myself that though my circumstances may have changed, He does not (Malachi 3:6, Hebrew 13:8) . . . He will not . . . He cannot go against His own word (Hebrews 6:18)

Craig September 5, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Me too Andrea Dawn. I have always thought that if God can change – then he can change his mind – and I don’t want that – keeping it short – God Bless.

Mary M September 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm

This is a beautiful list: #534-536 are absolutely wonderful.

#539 is my favorite, though, and I think its a good one to try to carry with me through this week!

God bless you, Craig!

Craig September 5, 2011 at 8:25 pm

This reepli iz frum laska th luv kitee – I tipe this wunse an copee to all peepulz. tuday I have bad thing hapin – heer I make these tweets abowt bad thing – “waspz is bad toy – I play an he maykz hurtingz for paw” and “I am sad – paw iz big” an “kreg needz spending all tyms tu help mee – I wil blog abowt bad toy tumorow – u must reed – I wil tipe with wun pawz ownlee”

kreg iz to help mee now – nex tym he tipez tu u – soree but he must tayk kayre uv luv kitee tuday

luv, laska th luv kitee

Tina September 5, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I think this one is my favorite this week:
that “happy” is a choice, a string held tight on both ends, heaven pulling up to bright, and blithe, and bliss – and not heaven – tugging furious and desperate toward bleak, and blue, and broken. And that I know which side is stronger, and which side is love, and which side loves me
Happiness was a topic at church this weekend and then I read this! It was a week, maybe it’s a month, that I needed to be reminded. Thanks!

Craig September 5, 2011 at 8:25 pm

This iz frum laska th luv kitee – I tipe this wunse an copee to all peepulz. tuday I have bad thing hapin – heer I make these tweets abowt bad thing – “waspz is bad toy – I play an he maykz hurtingz for paw” and “I am sad – paw iz big” an “kreg needz spending all tyms tu help mee – I wil blog abowt bad toy tumorow – u must reed – I wil tipe with wun pawz ownlee”

luv, laska th luv kitee

Ruthiey September 5, 2011 at 6:05 pm

“that You have never left me in my error – the mire of wrong decisions – the sludge of sadness, or setback – or the swale of neglecting the important things.”

Love this, Craig. Sometimes I feel like after I neglect things that I’ve lost so much ground that it’s not worth the fight to regain it, but this is a great reminder THAT IS NOT TRUE. I’ve been missing from the blogging world, but I’m glad to be back around. Blessings!

Craig September 5, 2011 at 8:26 pm

This reepli iz frum laska th luv kitee, I tipe this wunse an copee to all peepulz. tuday I have bad thing hapin – heer I make these tweets abowt bad thing – “waspz is bad toy – I play an he maykz hurtingz for paw” and “I am sad – paw iz big” an “kreg needz spending all tyms tu help mee – I wil blog abowt bad toy tumorow – u must reed – I wil tipe with wun pawz ownlee”

luv, laska th luv kitee

A. September 6, 2011 at 7:59 am

Craig, and Laska…glad you took care of Laska first! I am late, but like the ones about it never being too late for a new season, and the happy choice. Happy choice can feel tougher in the midst of emotional/verbal abuse but am determined to find a way to choose happy in spite of those things today. maybe, if nothing else, i can choose to be happy in the truth rather than in those things and what they claim. It’s the horses thing again, i think.

Craig September 6, 2011 at 12:53 pm

A., Nose above the water line, pick your battles, find your peaceful areas, God bless you!

A. September 6, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Thank you for this bite-sized but very seriously helpful prescription, Craig. This I can grasp and do.