Love resurrects hope from ashes

by Craig on April 18, 2012

Love rises though all there be is ashes - the Christian Pheonixsource

Fire flashes to blaze

but once smothered

settles

to embers

Love rises though all there be is ashes - the Christian Pheonixsource

and embers once quelled

become ash

People don't think the phoenix or fire burd is in the Bible...but...

source

Yet, even in ashes

should we turn and appeal
present supplication at the gates

source

gaining entrance to the wheel within a wheel

to enjoin, to press, to entreat

to believe

prayer ushers in the mighty wind unbound
infinite life unrestrained

to dismantle the devastation
lay waste to the destruction

source

and bring near

the face

of

God

breathing life into death
and ruins take heed

now, ash begets

fire

and fire takes form

source

blackened wings set ablaze
as form becomes phoenix

and phoenix rears up from dust

source

and hope, like the phoenix

once resurrected

can take flight

♥✞ღ

In my own nest I shall grow old;
I shall multiply years like the phoenix.

(Job 29:18)

there is gaining from losing

you
can
rise

today

♥✞ღ

I join with Ann today and contemplate Resurrection…

Lisa Maria April 18, 2012 at 7:06 am

Hey there Craig

What a wonderful analogy and such gorgeous pictures! Would you believe my most read article (mostly search engines though…its amazing how many people search up Phoenix Ariz. or the phoenix!) is one of a similar nature except I used the phoenix to represent how new life could happen in a marriage that seems to be turned to ash. I am unable to sign in to any of my accounts due to a serious problem with my server, which I hope gets rectified soon. I swear something/someone is keeping me offline (maybe its the Lord Himself, because He wants me to spend more time with Him) as I’ve been plagued with no end of things to keep me from writing or even reading! I also cannot comment on some of my friend’s blogs, even with Anonymous or my URL. Hope this one goes through because I wanted to tell you how much I liked this article!

God bless!

Craig April 18, 2012 at 8:03 am

first of all, Lisa Maria, your comment came through here a minute after you posted it – so CLEARLY God wants you to visit here ツ and this idea of the phoenix rising from the ashes – it’s a good thought for me to hang on to – there are ashes all around, and the fire inside isn’t enough, but there is MORE to the fire inside just MY flames. No? Thank you as always for your kind words, I’m really glad that we have bloggy met. God bless you Lisa Maria!!

Cora April 18, 2012 at 9:52 am

Craig, this post (AND pictures) spoke so deeply to me today. There was a time I walked away, because I thought all hope of me living a Christian life was gone. I burned the bridge behind me (so I thought) and went my way. That bridge picture spoke VOLUMES to me. Can I steal it????? Pretty please?????? I remember the day when, like Peter, I sat in the sand and looked at the burned bridges and wished things could be like they had been before. I had no hope. My disappointment and my shattered dreams were all that was in my nets. But someone whispered my name, and breeze of His breath rekindled hope slowly into a new blazing fire. It was then that I saw a new bridge —- the bridge of grace! Grace always gives us hope and keeps the fire burning, doesn’t it! Thank you for this today. It meant so much!

Craig April 18, 2012 at 10:13 am

Cora, you DO know that one of your spiritual gift is that of “encourager” right? You have ALWAYS been encourager of mine – a much needed and appreciated encourager! I look around and my earthly eyes can see is ash, I need those “better eyes” this year is supposed to be bringing. There ARE a few embers still glowing in the ash, and yes, as you say, “Grace always gives us hope and keeps the fire burning”. I stand equally distant between disaster and miracle – only time will tell which will happen first. But my eyes are up – always up. And I really do want HIS will more than mine! And about the picture – sure you can steal it – it’s not mine anyway. Below any picture I ever post, if it’s not mine, just below it to the right where it says “source” – that’ll lead you to where I got the picture – sometimes it’s actually a print that you can buy if you really heart it. It’s getting harder and harder to track down the ORIGINAL source – so many people use images they find without crediting them. I know I did for a while at the beginning – before I caught on that there’s plenty out there to be shared – but using without crediting is NOT sharing – it’s taking. Anyway, thank you Cora, my friend! God bless and keep you!

Andrea Dawn April 18, 2012 at 11:11 am

Beautifully written, Craig . . . you seem to be fluent in a number of genres . . . this style is my favourite.

Craig April 18, 2012 at 11:25 am

Andrea Dawn, thank you, but you know I’m really not a poet – I am if I have a about a year to write one – they are so much harder than prose – but I DO heart when a poem falls together nicely. Although my prose is beginning to get a little “poet-y” I’m definitely a prose guy. Thank you Dawn, and God bless!!

Court April 18, 2012 at 11:32 am

So awesome. What am artistic and fantastic journey this was!

Craig April 18, 2012 at 12:06 pm

When all we can see with our earthly eyes is a pile of ash, with no chance of any fire catching on – and we REALLY NEED a fire to catch – it’s so good to have better eyes, eyes of faith, and even better yet to have our God be a provider of resurrections – of life – and of hope.

Before I wrote this I had no idea that the Phoenix was actually in Scripture – and there it IS in the book of Job – maybe the oldest book in our Bible – talk about someone who really needed hope to be resurrected from ashes. Anyway, thank you again Court, and God bless and keep you!

Christina April 18, 2012 at 3:10 pm

This is my favorite one yet. I love the imagery it sparks and the hope it brings. Thanks for this!

Craig April 18, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Thank you Christina, just thank you, that’s all. God bless and keep you!

Katie April 18, 2012 at 5:59 pm

***** tears*****

I am more than ready………. my hope and love burned by false lies about me, fired, betrayed.

I am ready to stop the tears and have hope burn alive within me again.

Craig April 19, 2012 at 11:28 am

Katie, I’m ready for you too – but I also know that maybe you and I may have to wait, and wait, and wait. Ashes may not be warm, but at least you never have to worry about clashing colors while covered in them ツ God bless!!

Kris April 18, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I need and crave this message of rising again. I have been bent low in the slow humbling of my spirit before the Lord. He is working on me something fierce these days and it seems He is not yet ready for me to stand upright. So in this aching posture of refinement, the fires, the phoenix, the hope of resurrection, it all speaks loudly to me. Thank you for this grace here today, Craig. Bless you always.

Craig April 19, 2012 at 11:30 am

Krissie, do you just write effortlessly like that? I covet that ability. Your words, even in comments, flow out like diamonds out of a little velvet like pouch – I heart the way you write. And I’m really glad this spoke to you – it speaks to me too. Thank you Krissie, and God bless you!!

Kara April 19, 2012 at 9:40 am

Craig,

Once again you pair the most amazing pictures with your eloquence. And this is what else,
you spur me to the throne of grace. I know you know there are times when our needs (and the needs or those we walk with) are right bulging. It’s these times when I get so tired under the burden… I feel like that pile of ash. And I just want to go eat some ice cream, or call my sister. But that phoenix calls, yes? And so I crawl back to the throne of grace and stoke the fire with my prayers, and wait.
Thank you for spurring back fireside, brother.

Kara

Craig April 19, 2012 at 11:35 am

thank you Kara, I always heart when somebody notices the pictures – I search FOREVER to find just the right pictures for each post – so it really makes me smile when someone notices ツ and Kara, what you added to my post with your comment – I really heart that! Thank you, and God bless and keep you my friend.

Nikki April 19, 2012 at 11:47 am

Oh what grace! That He is willing to spend time, putting me in the refiners fire. That He can see beyond my ashes into what can be molded for His glory. I’m right now in the journey of approaching phoenix and am encouraged by the hope you see beyond it. thank you.

Your tweet was right, friend. I do heart this.

Craig April 23, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Nikki, first of all I’m sorry I’m late in replying to your comment – first I was preparing, then at, and then recuperating from Bloggy Boot Camp. Back now. and Nikki, the part of the journey you’re on – I hope it catches ablaze soon – I feel like I’m in that part of the journey too – and not quite sure if it will blaze – or grow colder – I just need to want God’s will to be done – and pray for – and work for it – and accept it. And one thing about that refiner’s fire – in the old days when the goldsmiths used to stand over their gold smelting thing – the gold would splatter up and sometimes the goldsmith would be burned – although God can never be injured like that – I know we can hurt him as we splash around in our molten state – you know? God bless you Nikki, and thank you.

Debbie April 19, 2012 at 3:05 pm

He is such a great provider. Bringing joy out of our ashes. Blessing, Debbie

Craig April 23, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Debbie, first of all I’m sorry I’m late in replying to your comment – first I was preparing, then at, and then recuperating from Bloggy Boot Camp. but I’m up and running again! And I heart what you wrote – it’s kind of like life is going to have ashes – but only God can bring fire from ashes.SO GOOD!! And Debbie – blessings to you too!!

Lisa April 19, 2012 at 9:55 pm

What a beautiful, poetic post! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Craig April 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Lisa, first of all I’m sorry I’m late in replying to your comment – first I was preparing, then at, and then recuperating from Bloggy Boot Camp. But I’m back up now. Anyway, all the poetry of the Phoenix comes simply from the story – and those pictures – all I had to do was throw in a few words – and I think maybe God helped :) he’s good that way. and I’m really not a poet – just once in a very blue moon – I’m a prose guy :-) anyway, thank you for reading, I’ll be reading you soon, and God bless and keep you!

thefisherlady April 20, 2012 at 12:31 am

I guess after Easter, hope has so much more meaning… so many are leaning towards it… and they will never be put to shame… Craig, because you have your eyes on the Miracle Giver, that is the side you will lean towards… You can rise today! …. may we all rise together, believing Him…Praising God!
your burning phoenix is outragously beautiful… as are your words dear friend.

Craig April 23, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Susan, first of all I’m sorry I’m late in replying to your comment – first I was preparing, then at, and then recuperating from Bloggy Boot Camp. I’m back now. and Susan, I am SO with you – may we ALL rise today – and I can’t take any credit at all for the pictures – just the words – and you KNOW I’m not a poet – back to my prose today – prose is easy – poetry is hard. God bless you my friend.